RHOBH star Kyle Richards reveals she was hospitalized for an allergic reaction after she woke up ‘in a beehive’ and her EpiPen didn’t work
- Richards, 52, shared a photo of herself recovering in a hospital bed after walking into a beehive and being stung multiple times over the weekend
- Security camera footage she shared shows her running across the lawn with bees chasing her, before jumping into her pool to remove all the bees
- The RHOBH Star Has an EpiPen to Fight Her Allergies, But It Didn’t Work
Kyle Richards is recovering from a severe allergic reaction.
The 52-year-old Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Star shared on Instagram on Sunday that she had to go to hospital after being repeatedly stabbed when she “walked into a beehive”.
Making the terrifying encounter even worse was the fact that her EpiPen, which is used to combat severe allergic reactions, was found to be defective and would not work.
Health scares: Kyle Richards, 52, revealed on Instagram on Sunday that she had been hospitalized the day before after encountering a beehive and being stung repeatedly
Kyle broke the news to her fans with a photo of herself appearing to be breathing through an oxygen mask or nebulizer to treat her allergic reaction.
“So this happened yesterday… I walked into a beehive and got stung several times. If you know me, you know I’m allergic to bees and terrified of them,” she admitted in her caption.
The terrifying event was made worse in security camera footage she shared, which showed her running away from the swarm of bees approaching right behind her.
“I can laugh at this video now, but what you can’t see is that they were in my hair and were literally chasing me,” she captioned the footage of her running from the side of the house to the backyard pool.
All alone: The terrifying event was made worse in security camera footage she shared, which showed her running away from the swarm of bees that followed right behind her
Taking a dip: She then dips her hair in the pool to get rid of the bees, before deciding it isn’t enough and throwing herself in the pool
Appearing to be wearing a white mask, she stops at the back door and pauses, before bending over to twist her hair back in hopes of releasing the remaining bees.
“My family wasn’t home and for whatever reason the people who work for me couldn’t hear me screaming for help,” she continued. “My landline wouldn’t call 911 and my epi-pen malfunctioned and wouldn’t open.”
A follow-up clip was captioned “This is the part I can laugh at right now” and shows her first plunged her hands into the pool to try and get rid of the bees clinging to her hair.
“I screamed, ‘Help me, help me, oh my God.’ Then I tried to get the big sting out of my hand,” she says, looking back at the camera footage.
Wetting her hair didn’t seem to be enough, so after a break, she threw herself into the pool and made sure to fully submerge her head several times.
Kyle later added that her story was wrong because she had just returned from the hospital when she filmed the clip.
Scary: To make matters worse, her EpiPen was out of order and her landline wouldn’t call 911