Police in hazardous materials suits seal the Prezzo restaurant in Salisbury & # 39; after the couple became ill while they ate there & # 39; with apprehension & # 39; fellow diners inside due to the poison attack of Novichok
- Italian restaurant has been put under lock and key after the couple got sick at the table
Connor Boyd for Mailonline
A Prezzo restaurant in Salisbury is in custody after a man and a woman "fell ill."
Diner Amanda Worne said she was sitting next to two Russians & # 39; who got sick while eating inside.
Emergency services, including official dresses in full-body hazardous materials and facial masks, are on the scene.
A Prezzo restaurant in Salisbury has been cordoned off by police after a man and a woman became ill
Emergency services, including official in hazardous materials suits and masks, are on the scene
Customers inside the Old Ale House pub have been told they can not leave, according to the Salisbury Journal.
The Wiltshire police said: "The police were summoned by the ambulance service to Prezzo, High Street, Salisbury, at 6:45 pm today (September 16) after a medical incident involving two people: one man and one woman.
"As a precautionary measure, the restaurant and the surrounding roads have been cordoned off while the agents attend the scene and establish the circumstances that led them to fall ill.
It occurs only six months after the former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were poisoned in an Italian restaurant in the city.
A witness at the scene said: "There's a fire truck, an ambulance, four police patrols, a man in a white full body suit with a mouth mask and the police can not tell us what's going on."