Advertisements
Rabih Abdulrahman, 36, reportedly ran a red light and killed a 12-year-old boy walking to school in Hurstville, southwest Sydney, on Friday morning
Advertisements

The family of a disqualified driver accused of driving a red light and mowing a schoolboy claims to have received death threats because the 12-year-old's parents are too desperate to leave their home.

Rabih Abdulrahman, 36, is accused of killing a 12-year-old boy while he went to school on Friday at 8.40 am in Hurstville, southwestern Sydney.

A relative who did not want to be mentioned said on Saturday that his family was destroyed by what happened and received the death threats.

& # 39; There are many people who want to harm us, & # 39; said the family member The Sunday Telegraph.

Advertisements

Rabih Abdulrahman, 36, reportedly ran a red light and killed a 12-year-old boy walking to school in Hurstville, southwest Sydney, on Friday morning

Rabih Abdulrahman, 36, reportedly ran a red light and killed a 12-year-old boy walking to school in Hurstville, southwest Sydney, on Friday morning

The boy, a seven-year-old student at Sydney Technical College in nearby Bexley, crossed the road before being hit by the car on Friday

The boy, a seven-year-old student at Sydney Technical College in nearby Bexley, crossed the road before being hit by the car on Friday

The boy, a seven-year-old student at Sydney Technical College in nearby Bexley, crossed the road before being hit by the car on Friday

The driver accused of the death of a schoolboy had served a prison sentence before allegedly persuading the student

The driver accused of the death of a schoolboy had served a prison sentence before allegedly persuading the student

Advertisements

The driver accused of the death of a schoolboy had served a prison sentence before allegedly persuading the student

Abdulrahman's brother had previously told the media that the family & # 39; was just as traumatized as all the others & # 39 ;.

& # 39; (I spoke to him) probably a week and a half or two weeks ago something is going on with the family, & # 39; he said.

& # 39; We are distraught. We are so sad about what happened. It is a child, nobody wants children to be hurt. & # 39;

The boy's friends and relatives gathered at the family home in Hurstville to mourn the loss, where a relative said the parents were too distraught to leave their apartment, let alone make a statement.

Advertisements

The family member said that the family cannot come to terms with the fact that their son went to school like no other day, but never went there, the family member told the Telegraph.

Abdulrahman is said to have run through a red light in his Toyota Corolla and hit the young man who was walking across the crosswalk to a green man.

The father of three is now confronted with seven charges, including manslaughter, dangerous driving with death as a result, and driving while being disqualified.

Abdulrahman appeared shortly before Parramatta Bail Court on Saturday morning, in the same black hooded sweatshirt and red t-shirt in which he was arrested Friday.

He sat still and only answered & # 39; yes that's right & # 39; when asked to confirm his name.

Advertisements

His layman Mohamed Said did not request a bail and it was officially refused.

He said to the media out of court: & # 39; I haven't had the opportunity to talk to him or the family at this stage, so I can't say much at this time. & # 39;

Rabih Abdulrahman, 36, reportedly ran a red light and killed a 12-year-old boy walking to school in Hurstville, southwest Sydney, on Friday morning

Rabih Abdulrahman, 36, reportedly ran a red light and killed a 12-year-old boy walking to school in Hurstville, southwest Sydney, on Friday morning

Rabih Abdulrahman, 36, reportedly ran a red light and killed a 12-year-old boy walking to school in Hurstville, southwest Sydney, on Friday morning

The boy was fastened under the vehicle for up to an hour before being released and rushed to the hospital for treatment, but died tragically shortly thereafter

The boy was fastened under the vehicle for up to an hour before being released and rushed to the hospital for treatment, but died tragically shortly thereafter

Advertisements

The boy was fastened under the vehicle for up to an hour before being released and rushed to the hospital for treatment, but died tragically shortly thereafter

The accused murderer remains behind bars until he reappears on November 4 in the local court of Sutherland.

Details of his past have since emerged from which it appears that he had issued an intensive correction assignment since 4 October last year Daily telegram reported.

He was convicted of attacking a police officer, carrying knives in a public place, driving a vehicle under the influence of drugs, carrying a weapon and resisting arrest.

Attorney General Mark Speakman said the case would be submitted for review.

Advertisements

& # 39; I have asked the Department of Communities and Justice to provide me with a transcript of relevant procedures regarding the alleged offender, which I will review. & # 39;

After the crash, Abdlul Rahman was spotted while smoking a cigarette and later stabbing his middle fingers at camera crews after his arrest.

The boy, a seven-year-old student at Sydney Technical College in nearby Bexley, crossed the road before being hit by the car on Friday.

He was locked under the vehicle for up to an hour before being released and rushed to the hospital for treatment, but died tragically shortly thereafter.

The 36-year-old saw lighting a cigarette after the crash and pulling the finger at the camera after he was arrested

The 36-year-old saw lighting a cigarette after the crash and pulling the finger at the camera after he was arrested

Advertisements

The 36-year-old saw lighting a cigarette after the crash and pulling the finger at the camera after he was arrested

Dozens of school children and parents witnessed the horrible accident at the time of the morning episode

Dozens of school children and parents witnessed the horrible accident at the time of the morning episode

Dozens of school children and parents witnessed the horrible accident at the time of the morning episode

MP from the local state for Kogarah Chris Minns issued a statement on behalf of Sydney Technical High School on Friday evening.

& # 39; Our thoughts are with them in this very sad time. Students and staff have received guidance to support them and also have contact numbers so that they have access to help during the weekend or later if necessary. & # 39;

Advertisements

& # 39; Together as a community we will support each other through this tragedy. & # 39;

Local MP for Oatley Mark Coure added: “My thoughts and prayers are with the boy's family and friends and the entire school community. This is a timely reminder to always be extremely careful when driving near schools. My condolences to all involved. & # 39;

St George Girls High School also expressed its condolences.

& # 39; The SGGHS community expresses our deepest condolences to the boy's family in this most difficult and saddest time. Our thoughts are also with all members of the STHS school community. The SGGHS school community is next to you to provide support in this most difficult time, & the school wrote.

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news