Steeping is a typical process for vape juices that have been known to enhance the flavors of the liquid with a cart pen. Despite the absence of scientific evidence to back this claim, many vapers have started following the process simply from experiencing the exquisitely deepened flavor palate of a steeped juice.
Like aging into fine wine, vape juices also express their flavoring agents better when given the time to mature, diffuse, and bond. And this is precisely the principle behind steeping e-juices. Here we will explore some natural steeping methods and some quick and easy alternatives to achieve the same results but in less time.
The resting process is a straightforward method. All you need to do is place the vape juice bottle in a cool and dry place in your home. Make sure the space is dark, as light can damage the components of the juice. Let the bottle slowly steep in this place for about two weeks. Just make sure to shake it once every day to get the best results. At the end of the resting period, the vape juice you swept from your favorite vape store will taste much better, along with giving a deeper throat hit.
Rest Steeping time
There is no golden rule when it comes to analyzing the appropriate steeping time for your juice. It is wholly based on your personal preference. Generally, complex flavors need more time to steep compared to single flavors. Fruit and dessert flavors, particularly, need an average of two weeks to steep naturally. Liquids with nicotine require about three weeks, whereas single flavored juices need just three days.
The best way to know if your juice is ready is to try it. When the suggested period is over, take and sample and vaporize it. If the flavors feel intense, you are good to go. Or you can rest it for some more time to get the perfect taste.
Breathing is a close alternative to the steeping process that can give you outstanding results. For breathing, open the cap of your juice bottle and let it sit for several hours.
The problem with breathing is that the prolonged exposure to oxygen causes the nicotine and flavor components to lose potency. With time, the juice starts to taste odd and flavorless. Hence experts came up with a combination of steeping and breathing called streathing that provides the benefits of both methods.
Start by placing your vape juice bottle under warm water for a minute. Now remove the cap and place the bottle in a cool, dark place for about 2 hours. Put the cap back and let the bottle rest for six hours. Repeat the process every six hours for the next two days, and your juice should be ready for use.
Speed Up Your Steeping
Heating or energizing the molecules of the e-liquids is an efficient way of speeding up the steeping process. But direct application of heat is not recommended to keep the constituents of the juice intact.
- Heat water in a saucepan till warm and add it to a small bowl.
- Place the vape juice bottle inside a plastic bag and make sure the lid is closed.
- Place this plastic bag in the water bath and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Remove and shake the bottle before use.
- Add some dry rice to the small bowl and heat it in the microwave.
- Remove and place the vape juice bottle inside the bowl and cover it with rice.
- Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Check the temperature frequently to make sure the rice is still hot. If not, remove the bottle and reheat the rice for a few minutes and repeat the process.
- Remove the bottle after 30 minutes and shake well before use.
This method is quite similar to the water bath, except we open the bottle to carry out the process.
- Open the lid of the bottle.
- Half fill a bowl with warm water and place the bottle in it such that it is only half submerged.
- Wait till the water cools down and remove the bottle.
- Shake it, and your juice is ready for use.
Ultrasonic cleaners used for cleaning jewelry can come in handy to steep your e-liquid.
- Fill the cleaner with water.
- Place the vape juice bottle in the cleaner with the cap on.
- Let the device heat for about half an hour.
- Remove the bottle and let it breathe for a few minutes.
- Close the lid and shake it well.
- The juice is now steeped and ready to vape.
- Place the e-liquid bottle in a plastic bag and remove the air from it.
- Place this bag inside a sock and secure it with a rubber band.
- Put this into a dryer and let it run for about fifteen minutes.
- Remove the bottle and let it breathe for a while.
- Close and shake the bottle before use for best results.
Steeping enables the e-liquid to mature, which enhances the flavor palette. The process evolves a more complex flavor profile to enjoy. Try these fantastic steeping methods that promise results in a short time to enjoy the extraordinary flavors of your juice.