Queensland educator accused of being Australia’s worst ever pedophile allegedly raped little girl 28 times
The educator accused of sexually abusing 91 girls in childcare centers raped a young girl 28 times, according to court documents.
The 45-year-old carer, from the Gold Coast, is charged with 1,600 child abuse offenses over a 15-year period at 10 child care centers in Brisbane, one in New South Wales and another in Europe.
Court documents seen by the courier mail allege the man – who cannot be named for legal reasons – raped one of his alleged victims 28 times and sexually assaulted another 54 times.
Educator accused of sexually abusing 91 girls in child care centers raped a young girl 28 times, court documents show (stock image)
Another girl was raped 27 times and sexually abused 34 times, according to court documents, while a third girl was raped eight times and abused 24 times over three years.
The daycare worker is also accused of making child pornography on the same dates as the alleged abuse.
He is also charged with 27 counts of distributing child pornography from outside Australia, while living in Europe.
The charges against the man relate to offenses committed over a 15-year period at nurseries in Sydney, Brisbane and overseas between 2007 and 2022.
Among the allegations are 136 counts of rape and 110 counts of sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 10.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) said they had contacted the parents of the 87 Australian victims identified in the child abuse material.
The man has remained in custody since his arrest in August last year and his case was last mentioned at Brisbane Magistrates’ Court last week.
His lawyer, Madeline Wood, did not reveal anything when she walked out of court after successfully getting her client’s case adjourned until November.
Lawyer Madeline Wood (pictured) is defending the man charged with 136 counts of raping prepubescent girls.
The Queensland Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) prosecutor told the Brisbane Magistrates’ Court that he had a ‘preliminary discussion’ with Ms Wood about the ‘voluminous’ number of charges against his client.
The prosecutor said the investigation against the Gold Coast man was still trying to obtain evidence from witnesses overseas.
The man cannot be named due to Queensland laws preventing the identification of those charged with rape or serious sexual offences.
Police say other self-generated child abuse documents were discovered on electronic devices belonging to the man when he was arrested and charged last year.
AFP launched Operation Tenterfield in response, identifying children in alleged abuse documents recorded at 11 Australian childcare centers and an early learning center attached to a school overseas.
It is alleged that the man recorded his offense on phones and cameras while working at 10 childcare centers in Brisbane between 2007 and 2013 and 2018 to 2022, as well as at a center in Sydney between 2014 and 2017.
Other filmed offenses allegedly took place abroad in 2013 and 2014.
All of the children allegedly molested were prepubescent girls.
Last year, AFP was able to find objects identified in the background of some alleged images and videos posted on the dark web between 2013 and 2014.
This led police to a Brisbane day care center while the man’s home was also raided.
Nearly 4,000 images and videos allegedly made by the man were reviewed by officers from a joint task force between AFP, Queensland Police and the Australian Center for Combating Child Exploitation.
The case will be heard in Brisbane Magistrates’ Court on November 6.