Professional cleaner reveals the EXACT products she keeps in her kit to leave any room sparkling
- Professional cleaning lady Kacie has revealed what’s in her cleaning kit
- On TikTok, she said she uses magic erasers, cream cleansers and grout cleaner
- Other purchases included a duster, Pullman vacuum cleaner, and dish soap
An Australian professional cleaning lady has revealed the products she always keeps in her kit while working.
While it’s common to use toilet cleaners, dish soap and microfiber cloths, Kacie of The Big Clean Co said they also use magic erasers, cream cleaners, grout cleaner, non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaners, and a variety of cleaning brushes.
The Melbourne cleaner shared an insightful video TikTok setting out the purpose of each product.
Scroll down for video
Kacie of The Big Clean Co said she uses magic erasers, cream cleaners, grout cleaner, non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaners, and a variety of cleaning brushes.
“We use a Pullman or a Henry vacuum cleaner – the size and suction power are great,” she said. Dishwashing liquid can be used to clean glass surfaces, such as shower walls
‘We use a Pullman or a Henry vacuum cleaner – the dimensions and suction power are great; microfiber cloths and good glass cloths to polish and shine, ‘she said in the video.
Pullmans and Henry vacuum cleaners are commercial products designed to make cleaning jobs easier, but often come at a minimum cost of $ 299.
‘You knew I was going to say this, dish soap! We also use a universal citrus spray, but we actually make our own dish soap that we can put in a spray bottle, ” she said.
It may come as a surprise to some, but dish soap can be used to clean glass surfaces, such as shower walls.
To clean marble surfaces, Kacie uses a non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaner.
Grout cleaner is only used when thoroughly cleaning the bathroom, otherwise dish soap, an eraser, squeegee and brushes are ideal.
‘A cream cleanser, of any brand [will] do, this is great for making the sink shine, ‘she said.
Kacie said she also uses two different types of mop: a wire mop or a flat mop for glossy tile.
Toilet cleaner, eucalyptus oil for the mop water and a duster with extension are also included in the cleaning set.
What is included in the Kacie cleaning kit?
- Pullman vacuum
- Microfibre cloths and glass cloths for polishing and shining
- Duster with extended handle
- Dishwashing liquid
- Citrus universal spray
- Non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaner
- Long-life grout cleaner
- Bathroom cleaning brush
- Variety of brushes
- Magic Eraser
- Cream cleanser
- Eucalyptus oil for mop water
- Neutral pH floor cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
The helpful video has since been viewed over 11,000 times, but some TikTok users had even more questions to ask.
One person asked if gloves are used, to which Kacie said, “We’d rather not wear them … on a thorough cleanup / move, yes.”
Most of the products used, such as the toilet cleaner, conditioner, washing-up liquid and cloths, can be bought at supermarkets.
What are some of Kacie’s top cleaning secrets?
* Use a non-scratch sponge with Gumption or Bar Keepers Friend to easily remove soap residue from a shower screen
* Always use a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfiber cloth for a sparkling result
* For sparkly windows, use the $ 37 Sabco Window Cleaning Kit from Bunnings that comes with a 12.5 liter bucket with lid and handle. Combine it with a microfiber windshield washer, stainless steel wiper and a microfiber cloth for the perfect finish
* Dish soap and water work very well for cleaning windows
* The # 1 Kmart product for cleaning is the two-part package of microfiber glass cleaning wipes – these are hidden in the car part