Professional cleaner reveals the secret to getting sparkling ‘high gloss’ floors – and avoid streaks every time
- An Australian professional cleaner has shared how to clean ‘high gloss’ tiles
- Kacie suggested using dish soap or methylated spirits in hot water
- She dipped a flat mop in the water and called it for use before
- For a polished finish, she suggested mopping the floor in a ‘figure-eight pattern’
A professional cleaner who has caught the attention of thousands on TikTok with her expert tips has revealed how to create “high gloss” tile floors while cleaning.
In a video Kacie, of The Big Clean Co in Melbourne, said it’s best to use a capful of dishwashing liquid or methylated spirits in “super-hot water” in combination with a flat mop.
Kacie dipped the mop into the sink filled with hot water and dish soap, then gave it a good rinse to make sure it wasn’t dripping wet before using it.
For a polished finish and to avoid stains or streaks, she suggested mopping the floor in a ‘figure eight pattern’.
Scroll down for video
In a TikTok video, Kacie said it’s best to use a capful of dishwashing liquid or methylated spirits in “super hot water” and a flat mop
Kacie dipped the mop in the sink filled with hot water and detergent, then drained it well to make sure it wasn’t dripping wet before using it
While high-gloss tiles look luxurious in the home and are easy to clean, Kacie said these tiles aren’t ideal for people who don’t mop often.
‘Here’s the trick to giving tiles a high gloss. If you’re a low-maintenance person, the trick is to tear them up and replace them with something else,” she said.
‘But if you like cleaning all the time, all you need is a little metho or dish soap, super hot water [and] a flat mop.’
The video has since gone viral and has been viewed over 400,000 times.
Many were amazed at the transformation, although some still had questions to ponder.
‘Can I do this on glossy wooden floors too?’ one person asked, to which Kacie said, “Yes! Very little but super hot water is important there too.’
Others who have high-gloss tiles seemed eager to try the simple tip to make the floors sparkle.
What are some of Kacie’s top cleaning secrets?
* Use a scratch-resistant sponge with Gumption or Bar Keepers Friend to easily remove soap scum from a shower screen
* Always use a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfibre cloth for a sparkling result
*For glistening windows, use the $37 Sabco Window Cleaning Kit from Bunnings that comes with a 12.5 gallon bucket with a lid and handle. Combine it with a microfibre window cleaner, stainless steel wiper and a microfibre cloth for the perfect finish
* Dishwashing liquid and water work very well to clean windows
* The #1 Kmart product for cleaning is the 2 piece pack of microfibre glass cleaning wipes – they are hidden in the car area