Princess Charlotte will join Brother Prince George at Thomas & Battersea from September
Prince George and Princess Charlotte are shown together on a photo of Kensington Palace last Sunday
Princess Charlotte will join her older brother Prince George at the same £ 6,000 school per month from September, Kensington Palace announced today.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge revealed that they are planning to send their four-year-old daughter to Thomas & Battersea in South West London.
George, six, has been in school for two years, while his sister – who was four on May 2 – has been to Willcocks Nursery in Kensington since last January.
Simon O & # 39; Malley, director of Thomas & Battersea, said: & We are delighted that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have decided that Princess Charlotte will join her older brother, Prince George, at Thomas & # 39; s Battersea. We look forward to welcoming her and all our new students to the school in September. & # 39;
The school was chosen by Prince William and Kate for George because & # 39; he was suitable for him & # 39 ;.
Helen Haslem, head of primary school, greets Prince George and the Duke of Cambridge at Thomas & Battersea in London on September 7, 2017, starting his first day of school
Students from Thomas & Battersea in south-west London are offered after-school activities including fencing, philosophy, gardening and pottery.
The website says it is a & # 39; busy, thriving, goal-oriented school & # 39; is that a & # 39; rich and broad curriculum & # 39; offers.
Pupils are offered after-school activities including fencing, philosophy, gardening and pottery.
Ballet and roof terrace at Thomas & Battersea
- Thomas & # 39; s London Day Schools is a group of independent, co-educational preparatory schools in Battersea, Clapham, Fulham and Kensington.
- It was founded in 1971 when actress Joanna Thomas, a mother of three, started a kindergarten in a church hall
- Thomas & # 39; s Battersea branch was opened in October 1990
- The school has 540 pupils between the ages of four and thirteen
- It is located in a monumental building – once a gymnasium founded in 1700 – with facilities such as a playground on the roof, a theater, a ballet room and pottery rooms.
- The most important rule is to be friendly, while other core values are courtesy, trust and humility
- Former students are Florence Welch (from Florence & The Machine), model Cara Delevingne and her sisters, Poppy and Chloe
Last year it was reported that the Cambridges may not take their children to & # 39; traditional & # 39; secondary schools such as Eton.
A source was quoted as saying: & # 39; They would like George to spread his wings as a child and will never do what people expect from them when it comes to their children. & # 39;
William and Kate have bypassed the traditional royal feeding schools in favor of Thomas & Battersea, which is just across the River Thames from Kensington Palace.
The co-educational prep school is located in an old high school in an area called & # 39; Nappy Valley & # 39; due to popularity with well-to-do young families – mostly bankers, journalists and & # 39; tasty mummies & # 39 ;.
Thomas is proud of a & # 39; completed education & # 39; with as much emphasis on friendliness as academic results – although many of the 540 boys and girls aged four to thirteen go to public schools such as Eton.
Society Tatler says it is populated by & # 39; intrusive professional parents & # 39 ;.
However, the Good Schools Guide describes it as & # 39; competitive & # 39; and chosen by parents who want & # 39; the best education money can be purchased & # 39 ;.
All children must learn an instrument and there are two pottery rooms.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) princess-charlotte (t) prince-george (t) kate-middleton