Prince Harry ‘has come home to California’ after spending three nights ‘for the last time’ at Frogmore Cottage during the Supreme Court trial
- The Duke of Sussex, 38, returned to London this week to testify at the trial
- But he returned to the US after a three-night stay and chose not to extend his trip to the UK
Prince Harry has reportedly returned home to California after spending three nights at Frogmore Cottage – as he testified in the phone hacking trial at the Supreme Court.
The Duke of Sussex, 38, returned to London this week to testify for two days as part of his lawsuit against Mirror Group Newspapers for damages over alleged hacking and other forms of fraud.
But after completing his testimony on Wednesday, Harry allegedly chose not to extend his stay at Frogmore Cottage and left for his home in the US.
He also would not have met his father, King Charles, or brother, Prince William, during his stay, The Telegraph reports.
The short stay, staying with his security team, marked what was likely Harry’s last nights at the Windsor property, after being evicted by his father just 24 hours after the release of his bombshell memoir Spare.
The Duke of Sussex (pictured leaving the High Court), 38, returned to London this week to testify in his phone hacking trial
After completing his testimony on Wednesday, Harry is said to have opted not to extend his stay at Frogmore Cottage (pictured)
Harry and Meghan imagined kissing in the kitchen of Frogmore Cottage in footage from their Netflix documentary
Despite having until early summer to vacate the premises, the Sussexes are reportedly not planning to visit the UK before then.
Harry flew to the UK on Sunday evening to attend the High Court proceedings after celebrating Princess Lilibet of Sussex’s second birthday.
But he was charged with wasting court time after missing the first day of his landmark case on Monday.
An exasperated judge reprimanded the duke’s lawyer when it became clear that the royal witness was ‘unavailable’
KC Andrew Green of The Mirror said it was ‘absolutely extraordinary’ that Harry was ‘unavailable for the first day of his trial’.
Justice Fancourt said he was ‘a little surprised’ that Harry wasn’t there, and chided Mr Sherborne for causing ‘roster chaos’.
The Duke appeared close to tears as he ended his historic day and a half of answering questions to the court on Wednesday afternoon.
The Duke of Sussex is suing MGN for damages over allegations that journalists used hacking, blagging and other illegal means of deception
Prince Harry seen in a sketch of the court testifying for the second day at the High Court in London
During a turbulent last few hours on the witness stand, the Duke voluntarily gave details of his eventful love life, including a trip to a strip club.
The Duke is suing MGN for damages over allegations that journalists used hacking, blagging and other illegal deceit to write 140 articles published over a 24-year period between 1996 and 2010.
MGN disputes Harry’s claims and has denied or not admitted that articles about Harry investigated at the trial related to phone hacking or unlawful activity.
Meanwhile, Netflix’s controversial fly-on-the-wall documentary series starring the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has been delayed until next year following widespread backlash over The Crown.
Harry and Meghan had been working on the series as part of their rumored $100 million (£88 million) deal with the streaming giant.
But with The Crown being accused of concocting a “hurtful” smear against King Charles by secretly plotting him to oust the Queen, Netflix has now pushed it back.