Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will have to look to the future after the release of their explosive Netflix docuseries this week and the publication of the Duke of Sussex’s memoir in January, a royal author has claimed.
Valentine Low, who wrote Courtiers: The Inside Story of the Palace Power Struggles, told Lorraine Kelly he thinks the Montecito-dwelling Duke and Duchess of Sussex “can’t keep that couple complaining about the past.”
The royal correspondent also added that the Prince of Wales camp is “tired” of Harry and Meghan’s media campaign and that there is “absolutely no chance” of a reconciliation between the two brothers and their wives.
It comes amid reports that senior family members are planning a ‘business as usual’ approach amid turmoil over the Harry and Meghan documentary.
But it is said that Prince William intends to “crush back any wild claims” that surface in the docuseries.
Speaking about their upcoming docuseries Harry and Meghan on Netflix later this week, and Harry’s memoir, Spare, due out January 10, Lorraine Kelly asked the royal pundit if the couple “wouldn’t have much else to throw at the Prince and Princess” ‘. from Wales.
Valentine Low, who wrote Courtiers: The Inside Story of the Palace Power Struggles, told Lorraine Kelly that he doesn’t think the Montecito-dwelling Duke and Duchess of Sussex can keep that couple complaining about the past after their Netflix release. docuseries this week and Prince Harry’s memoir Spare in January
The royal correspondent also added that the Prince of Wales camp is “tired” of Harry and Meghan’s projects and wishes, and that there is “absolutely no chance” of a reconciliation between the two brothers and their wives. The Prince and Princess of Wales at the Earthshot Prize 2022 at MGM Music Hall at Fenway on Friday in Boston
“You would have thought, but maybe after the series and after the book, they’ll be done and move on,” Valentine Low replied.
“That’s the main thing, they can’t go on with the couple who keep complaining about the past.
“They have to look to the future, they have to define themselves and how they are in the future,” the expert added.
“Once they get this out of their system, maybe we’ll hear less from them on that front and we’ll hear more contributions from them.”
Speaking of Lorraine, Low said the public could expect more “positive contributions” from the parents-of-two, but added that “until now their resentment has been deeply rooted”
There’s a sense of “here we go again” in the royal households over the couple’s new Netflix docuseries launching on Thursday. In the photo: a romantic photo from the trailer of the new documentary
He added that Meghan did not discuss the royal family or past events in her recent interviews with Vanity Fair and The Cut, which could signal a “change in strategy” from the Sussex to “focus on positive messaging.”
‘Who knows. Until now, their bitterness and resentment are deep-rooted, which they have continued to draw on,” he added.
He said the public could expect more “positive contributions” from the parents of two children, but added that “so far their bitterness and resentment are deeply rooted.”
As Lorraine said there seemed to be no chance of the Sussexes and Wales building bridges, the royal expert added: “At the moment there is absolutely no chance of reconciliation between the two couples.
It was very striking that when the Netflix trailer came out when William and Kate were in Boston, the mood in William’s camp, as far as I could tell, wasn’t furious, but more of tired resignation, “here we go again” and almost in astonishment,’ he claimed.
There is hope among the family that the ‘Sussex squall’ will blow itself out by the time the series ends and Harry’s forthcoming memoir is published in January.
“I think they’re used to it now, they’re tired of it, and they want it all to stop,” he continued.
The expert explained that Prince William in particular is a “very cautious person, but will not let claims against his family go unchecked.”
“He doesn’t want to set things on fire,” adding that the royal family “has always told his team not to participate in tit-for-tat briefings.”
“I don’t think he will let go of the worst allegations, but I think he will do his best not to feed the flames of a bitter and damaging family conflict,” he added.
It comes as the royal family has insisted it won’t be “broken off” by Harry and Meghan’s Netflix documentary this week.
Contrary to claims of behind-the-scenes “crisis talks” and plans to “hit back” at yet another barrage of claims and allegations, senior royals are planning a very “business as usual” approach.
“We will not let gusts blow us off course from across the Atlantic,” a royal source told the Daily Mail scathingly.
The Mail on Sunday reported yesterday how the King and Queen’s consort are ‘tired’ by the constant attacks from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
The Mail on Sunday reported yesterday how the King (pictured today) and Queen Consort are ‘tired’ by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s constant attacks
Sources at Buckingham Palace said there was “growing frustration and exhaustion” over the barrage of complaints that Harry and Meghan are relentlessly and publicly voicing about their alleged treatment by members of the royal family.
The late Queen famously made it clear that “memories may vary” about many of the couple’s claims — and that opinion hasn’t changed.
There’s a sense of “here we go again” in the royal households over the couple’s new Netflix docuseries launching on Thursday.
A slick trailer for the six-part series was released last week, threatening to reveal further details about family issues.
But there is hope among the family that the ‘Sussex squall’ will blow itself out by the time the series ends and Harry’s forthcoming memoir is published in January.
“It’s probably going to be a tough few weeks, but what else can they have to say after that?” asked another insider.
It’s all going to be a very “end of the pier” show if they don’t watch out and throw the same complaints around on talk shows and documentaries.
“Surely there will come a time when even they realize they have to move on with their lives? The rest of the family certainly wants that.’
Indeed, the King and the Queen’s consort have a busy week ahead of them with a number of important and long-planned engagements. Tomorrow the monarch will be in Luton to meet community leaders and voluntary organizations promoting interfaith harmony, something he has been promoting for over 50 years.
At Luton Town Hall he will be reunited with Festus Akinbusoye, the Bedfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner, who was previously supported by his Prince’s Trust.