Prince Frederick of Denmark leaves the isolation to welcome the delivery of masks to the country’s doctors
Prince Frederick of Denmark briefly left his home to welcome a supply of masks and personal protective equipment to the country’s frontline medications that are fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
Frederick, Crown Prince of Denmark, 51, isolates with his wife Princess Mary and their four children at Fredensborg Palace.
But the heir to the Danish throne was revealed social media yesterday that he had temporarily left the isolation to witness the arrival of a million face masks and 170,000 protective suits, ready to be delivered to doctors and nurses.
Denmark has reported 218 coronavirus-related deaths and a total of 5,386 infected out of a population of 5.6 million.
Prince Frederick of Denmark briefly left home today to welcome a supply of masks and personal protective equipment (photo) to the front-line medics fighting the COVID-19 pandemic
Prince Frederick took to the royal household’s Instagram account and shared a selfie of himself in front of an airplane.
He captioned the image: “A great help to all of us landed early this morning from a cloudless sky at Copenhagen Airport.
“I was invited to attend the landing of the world’s largest cargo aircraft, where the cargo of 1,000,000 face masks and 170,000 protective suits and other protective equipment will be of great help to the home care system in the fight against COVID in the coming years. 19.
“I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved who made protective equipment flights from China possible.”
The Danish royal family regularly shares updates on isolation as they encourage others to stay at home.
Frederick, Crown Prince of Denmark, 51, isolates with his wife Princess Mary and their four children in Fredensborg Palace (photo)
In an instant, Prince Frederick appeared alongside his Australian-born wife, Princess Mary and their four children, Prince Christian, 14, Princess Isabel, 12, and twins Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine, nine.
They revealed that in light of Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s latest announcement that a ban on large gatherings will be maintained until August, the Royals chose to follow all guidelines and canceled all their events for the summer months.
Prince Frederik shared in a statement that his annual Royal Relief Run will no longer take place in June, but in September.
“We were looking forward to running the Royal Run with the whole family,” the statement said.
Frederick, Crown Prince of Denmark, previously shared this photo of his FaceTime call with volunteers at a local Red Cross center, presumably taken at Fredensborg Palace, where he isolates
“But unfortunately, due to the current situation with COVID-19, we had to postpone it until September 6 in Denmark and August 30 in Greenland …
“We all hope that after the summer break the Royal Run can become a big gathering point and that everyone takes care of themselves – and of each other.”
The royal family has been very vocal about the need to stay at home during this time, especially Princess Mary, the patron saint of the World Health Organization office for the European region.
The mother of four reminded people that we “all have a role to play” in helping others who are currently struggling with isolation.
“By being more open and tolerant, we can each make a difference to the many who are alone,” the princess said in a statement through The Mary Foundation.
The royal family has spoken out very strongly about the need to stay at home during this time, especially Princess Mary, the patron saint of the World Health Organization office for the European region (the Danish royal family pictured in 2018)
“… Serious loneliness can have serious consequences, both mental and physical. Therefore, while it still exists, we must make a special effort to help each other out of loneliness – even if it is at a distance. ‘
Last month, the princess took her children from boarding school in Switzerland to return home to Denmark, after their home country ended up in a coronavirus lock.
The 48-year-old mother of four and her family released a statement in March, sharing their decision to “return home and stand with the Danes at a time when much of everyone needs it.”
“In light of the increased situation in Denmark regarding the treatment of the spread of COVID-19, the Crown Prince family has decided that the family must return home from Switzerland,” the statement said.
“The Crown Prince family finds it natural to return home and stand with the Danes at a time when a lot is required of everyone and where there is a common responsibility to take care of each other.”