Prince Charles Is Ready To Talk To Police Investigating Saudi Billionaire Donor’s CBE Prize

Prince Charles has reportedly said he is willing to talk to detectives about allegations that his closest associate may have earned credit for a Saudi billionaire.

Michael Fawcett, a trusted ally of Prince Charles for many years, resigned last month after promising to help secure a CBE and British citizenship for Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz – a Prince’s Foundation donor.

It was alleged that he paid thousands of pounds to “fixers” with ties to the prince, who said they could honor him in return for donations.

An inquiry last week concluded that Mr Fawcett has coordinated with ‘fixers’ over nominations for honors for Mahfouz, who has donated more than £1.5million to royal charities.

The Prince of Wales, 73, has maintained that he was “unaware” of the alleged deal, but could still be a vital witness as he met Dr Mahfouz privately at the British Embassy in Saudi Arabia. Arabia, in London and Scotland.

A Clarence House spokesperson told… The times that Charles would ‘of course’ be willing to assist Scotland Yard’s detectives if asked.

A Clarence House spokesperson reportedly said Prince Charles (pictured with Michael Fawcett) would “of course” be willing to help Scotland Yard detectives with cash for an honor scandal

dr. Mahfouz received his CBE in a private ceremony at Clarence House in 2016.

An investigation into fundraising practices was commissioned by the Prinsenstichting and conducted independently by audit firm Ernst & Young.

The conclusion, released Thursday, revealed that Mr Fawcett, along with “fixers,” coordinated nominations for a Saudi billionaire donor to the foundation.

Mr Fawcett was also involved in transferring money from the donor’s foundation to another charity of which Charles was a patron, it was revealed.

The findings will be shared with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR), which is investigating transactions at the foundation.

Dame Sue Bruce, chair of the Prince’s Foundation, described the recent crises surrounding the future king’s charitable organization as a “difficult chapter” but said “lessons will be learned” to ensure the charity acts with the “greatest integrity.” and sincerity’.

Fawcett resigned last month amid claims he promised to help secure a knighthood and British citizenship for Mahfouz.

There was also a letter written by Mr Fawcett to Dr Mahfouz in 2017 saying the Prince’s Foundation would be “happy and willing” to use its influence to help him.

Michael Fawcett, an ally of Prince Charles for many years, resigned amid claims he promised to help obtain a CBE and British citizenship for Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz (pictured)

Michael Fawcett, an ally of Prince Charles for many years, resigned amid claims he promised to help obtain a CBE and British citizenship for Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz (pictured)

Michael Fawcett, an ally of Prince Charles for many years, resigned amid claims he promised to help obtain a CBE and British citizenship for Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz (pictured)

An investigation last week concluded that Mr Fawcett (pictured) with 'fixers' coordinated the honor nominations for Mahfouz, who has donated more than £1.5million to royal charities

An investigation last week concluded that Mr Fawcett (pictured) coordinated honor nominations for Mahfouz with 'fixers', who have donated more than £1.5million to royal charities

An investigation last week concluded that Mr Fawcett (pictured) with ‘fixers’ coordinated the honor nominations for Mahfouz, who has donated more than £1.5million to royal charities

Clarence House said: ‘It is important to His Royal Highness that the charities bearing his name operate to the highest standards, in accordance with the rules set by charities.

“We are taking this opportunity to strengthen the guidance of these charities, especially with regard to their relationships with supporters.”

Republic, which is campaigning for an elected head of state, said there was a “glaring hole” in the investigation into what Charles knew about the transactions.

Clarence House has previously said the prince had “no knowledge” of the cash for honors scandal.

Graham Smith of Republic said, “How could a charity CEO gain accolades or encounters with Prince Charles without Charles knowing what was going on?

“It’s not credible, but the charity has carefully avoided all questions about Charles, leaving a big gap in their investigation.”

The independent inquiry found evidence of Mr Fawcett’s “communication and coordination” with “so-called “fixers” regarding honorary nominations for a donor between 2014-18,” the summary said, but administrators were not aware of it. time of this correspondence.

A summary of the findings revealed that Mr. Fawcett and another unnamed senior associate were involved in transferring funds from the Mahfouz Foundation, founded by Dr. bin Mahfouz, to the Children and the Arts Foundation (CATA), which is partially defunct.

The activity, including written correspondence, took place without the knowledge or approval of the Prince’s Foundation trustees, according to the investigation.

The Charity Commission has launched an investigation into the Mahfouz Foundation over allegations that donations intended for the Prince’s Foundation went to CATA instead.

Mr Fawcett was involved in leading a transfer of funds from the Mahfouz Foundation to CATA, the summary said.

Formerly the Prince’s Foundation for Children and the Arts, CATA was founded in 2006 by Charles to give young people with limited access to the arts the opportunity to experience theatre, music and galleries.

Companies House documents filed in September 2019 said trustees would begin the process of winding up the charity.

The Times reported last month that Mr Fawcett has arranged the transfer to CATA in September 2020.

Fawcett was Charles’ most indispensable assistant in decades, with the Prince once saying, “I can do without almost everyone except Michael.”

The former royal servant had quit twice before, including in 2003 when, as Charles’s personal assistant, he was charged and acquitted by an investigation of selling royal gifts, but was revealed to have accepted valuable gifts from outsiders.

Dame Sue said: ‘The Supervisory Board agreed unequivocally that the recent allegations should be investigated independently so that the facts could be established and all necessary steps taken to address the issues identified.

‘Now that the board has the findings of the investigation, the trustees are looking into it together with OSCR and other relevant parties.

“The Board of Trustees is determined that lessons will be learned to ensure that our charitable organization maintains the highest standards in all areas going forward and always acts with the utmost integrity and candor.

“As we move through this difficult chapter, I hope the remarkable stories will once again focus on the beneficial results delivered by the Prince’s Foundation, and we look forward with optimism to continuing our charitable efforts.”

Other findings from the investigation included that there was no evidence that employees or trustees of the foundation knew about selling or arranging private dinners in exchange for money.

It also said there was no evidence that the foundation paid commissions to civic fixer Michael Wynne-Parker or Burke’s Peerage editor William Bortrick.

The foundation said: “The investigation identified other cases of commissions being discussed or paid.

“It is not uncommon for charities to pay commissions to third parties for the introduction of donors.”

OSCR said it carefully considered the report and continued the investigation “before deciding what action is needed in this case.”

Ex-Liberal Democrat MP Norman Baker has previously written to the Metropolitan Police asking for a criminal investigation into the money for honor claims.

Dame Cressida Dick said the Metropolitan Police had made “initial investigations” after receiving a letter about Michael Fawcett, who resigned as chief executive of the Prince’s Foundation after a series of allegations.

Asked for an update during an LBC radio call on Friday, Dame Cressida said: ‘We have received a letter, as you say, we have asked some initial questions. We have not launched an investigation. If people out there have more material for us, of course we’ll look into that, when there’s more evidence.

“But at this stage, after studying the letter, examining some initial investigations and relevant legislation, some in 1925 and some the new Bribery Act, we have not investigated.”

.