Prince Andrew hires the former & # 39; master of the dark arts & # 39; by Amber Rudd to lead a PR fighter after the Jeffrey Epstein scandal
- Prince Andrew has hired Jason Stein, 28, former special adviser to Amber Rudd
- Stein lost his job when Mrs. Rudd retired as a secretary for work and pensions
- He previously worked as a spokesperson for Liz Truss and the Treasury
- Mr. Stein's relationship with Prince Andrew is likely to be helped by his golf love
Prince Andrew has hired Amber Rudd's former special adviser to lead a PR "fightback" following the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
Jason Stein, who developed a reputation as "master of dark art" in Westminster, will start as Duke secretary of communications next month.
Mr. Stein, 28, lost his job earlier this month when Mrs. Rudd retired as Secretary for Work and Pensions in protest against the removal of the whip of 21 Tory MPs after they rebelled against the government for a No Deal Brexit to stop.
Jason Stein, (center), who developed a reputation in Westminster as "master of the dark arts", will start next month as communications secretary with the duke
He previously worked as a spokesperson for Liz Truss and the Treasury and before that in the press service of the Department for Work and Pensions.
Mr. Stein's relationship with Prince Andrew is likely to be helped by his love of golf. The Duke plays the game regularly and allegedly has a one-digit handicap.
Prince Andrew has hired former special adviser Jason Stein from Amber, 28, for a PR & # 39; fightback & # 39; to lead
Amber Rudd stopped as secretary for work and pensions in protest against the removal of the whip of 21 Tory MPs after they rebelled against the government to stop a No Deal Brexit
However, his new assignment is likely to be a challenge, since the Prince has been confronted with harmful headlines since Epstein took his own life in an American prison on August 10.
Earlier this month, Virginia Roberts Giuffre went on American TV to repeat claims that Epstein forced her to have sex with the duke three times, the first in 2001 when she was 17.
The prince violently denies the allegations that were thrown away by an American judge in 2015 because they are & # 39; intangible and impudent & # 39; goods.
A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace said about the allegations: “It is emphatically denied that The Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts. Any statement to the contrary is incorrect and unfounded. & # 39;
Earlier this month, The Mail also revealed on Sunday how Andrew had become furious with a senior Palace assistant, later identified as Tony Johnstone-Burt, the queen of the household, after being unable to book a room at Buckingham Palace for an event.
A source admitted that the duke was "very angry" and added, "There were heated words on both sides, but the altercation was in no way physical."
In a 2017 newspaper interview, Andrew admitted that he did not care about criticism and said, "You don't always get it right. . . it does not bother me. It is just part of the rich carpet of life. & # 39;
Mr. Stein and Buckingham Palace refused to comment on the deal last night.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) brexit