POSITIVE EFFECTS OF CANNABIS FOR MANAGING STRESS
Cannabis carries a chemical known as CBD that impacts the brain and improves its function without giving it a high; along with CBD, it also contains another compound known as THC, which has pain-relieving properties. Both substances can be consumed orally or by vaping and smoking them. Cannabis provides relief from chronic pain, obesity, regulating seizures, curing anxiety and more. The United States has legalized usage of weed in 14 states, and Maryland is one of them where cannabis is available for medical purposes. You can visit an authorized cannabis dispensary in Rockville to purchase wide varieties of marijuana-infused items.
It’s okay to feel anxious while taking a test, moving to a new place, or going to a new job. These types of anxieties are unpleasant, but they may motivate you to work harder and to perform better. On the other hand, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), phobia, separation anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are types of anxiety disorders that have lasting negative effect on mental and physical well-being of a person.
Though the exact reason for the cause of anxiety is still unknown, the adverse effects of such discomforts are reduced by daily meditation. Try avoiding the habits that cause you irritation and discomfort in the long run. Maybe it is time for you to avoid cigarettes, caffeine and alcohol. Adopting these lifestyle changes can elevate your mood and eliminate anxiety issues. Read below for some detailed description.
Meditation: Meditation, an ancient mind relaxing art form, is the surest way to reduce stress and anxiety. Practice meditation daily at the same times, twice a day.
- Anxiety is the root cause of sweating, dizziness, stomach-ache, fast heartbeat, jitteriness, muscle tension, rapid breathing, and nervousness. Meditation soothes the mind and reduces such effects of anxiety.
- Mantra meditation is a form of meditation performed silently by repeating a calming word. This form of meditation is effective because it helps to get rid of distracting thoughts.
Cannabis and Medication: Anxiety disorder is one of the most common psychiatric conditions. In the past year, it is estimated that 19.1% of the adults living in the USA suffer from anxiety disorders, and women suffer from anxiety more than men. THC in cannabis produces the ‘high’ feeling in people, whereas CBD offers many health benefits. Various scientific researches support that CBD reduces seizures in people.
- A study in 2019 found that a dosage of 300 – 600 mg of CBD had reduced anxiety in 57 adult males.
- The effect of CBD starts within 30 minutes to 2 hours when consumed orally in the form of oils, edibles, or capsules. Vaping or smoking cannabis buds also produce similar results.
- CBD consumable substances include cannabis flowers, sublingual flowers, capsules, edibles, and vaporized oils. Smoking or vaping CBD oil provides immediate relaxation during stressful events, whereas oral CBD products help alleviate anxiety throughout the day.
Teenagers have countless reasons to be anxious about at any given day. The tremendous academic pressure of tests and scores, getting bullied and more contribute to their hypertension. Symptoms of anxiety in teens include poor performance at school, skipping social events, isolation, and substance abuse. Talk therapy and medication are common treatments for teenagers suffering from anxiety.