Police are releasing new photos of night student Richard Okorogheye who went missing

0

Detectives have released new footage of missing student Richard Okorogheye as the teen’s mother pleads for public help in the investigation.

The Metropolitan Police renewed its call for information, having released CCTV footage from the night the 19-year-old was last seen more than a week ago.

Mr Okorogheye is believed to have left his parents’ home in Ladbroke Grove, West London on the evening of March 22, and was reported missing two days later.

His mother Evidence Joel said earlier that the Oxford Brookes University student had talked about “ struggling to cope ” with college pressure and foreclosed during the Covid-19 lockdown.

As someone with sickle cell disease, Mr. Okorogheye left home alone to go to the hospital for regular blood transfusions for his condition.

The Metropolitan Police renewed its call for information when it broadcasted CCTV footage of the night the 19-year-old (pictured) was last seen over a week ago.

The Metropolitan Police renewed its call for information when it broadcasted CCTV footage of the night the 19-year-old (pictured) was last seen over a week ago.

Mr. Okorogheye's last confirmed sighting was when he boarded the 23 bus southbound at 8:44 PM in Ladbroke Grove.

Mr. Okorogheye's last confirmed sighting was when he boarded the 23 bus southbound at 8:44 PM in Ladbroke Grove.

Mr. Okorogheye’s last confirmed sighting was when he boarded the 23 bus southbound at 8:44 PM in Ladbroke Grove.

Camera footage showed the student wearing an all-black outfit and wearing a black bag with a white Adidas logo across his lower back

Camera footage showed the student wearing an all-black outfit and wearing a black bag with a white Adidas logo across his lower back

Camera footage showed the student wearing an all-black outfit and wearing a black bag with a white Adidas logo across his lower back

The Met said he left his home and headed toward Ladbroke Grove at about 8:30 p.m. on March 22.

Mr. Okorogheye’s last confirmed sighting was when he boarded the 23 bus southbound at 8:44 PM in Ladbroke Grove.

CCTV footage showed the student wearing an all-black outfit and a black bag with a white Adidas logo across his lower back.

Police said it was unknown at which stop Mr. Okorogheye got off the bus, adding that he was known for the London boroughs of Westminster and Hammersmith and Fulham.

Ms. Joel previously told MyLondon that her son had “never done anything like this,” adding, “Something went wrong.”

In a new statement on Tuesday, she said, ‘Richard, we love you and miss you very much, can you please come home? We are not mad at you. We just want to know if everything is okay.

‘For everyone reading this, we miss our son desperately. If you know anything or know where he is, come up and talk to the police. ‘

Ms. Joel previously said she remembered the teenager saying he was going to visit a friend, even though none of them saw him and told her to drive safely and that he would “see me later.”

She returned from a nursing shift around 9:00 PM and assumed he was in his room.

She cooked him a meal, but found he wasn’t there when she knocked on his door and he didn’t answer his phone.

The alarm went off after a locksmith helped her access the room that was empty, but Richard’s wallet, bus pass, and bank card were left behind.

Yesterday, Ms. Joel told how the police said “if you can’t find your son, how do you expect us to?” when she went to them for help.

Ms. Joel, a nurse, said that when she called the police to report him missing and suggested they check CCTV near their home, she was told they did not have the resources.

[An officer] said, “If you can’t find your son, how do you expect police officers to find your son for you?” Miss Joel said. I expected certainty. My son was missing and it broke my heart. ‘

Family friend Claudine Rose added: ‘We just felt it wasn’t being taken seriously enough at first.

“His mother went into the police station every day and they didn’t put up any posters or anything.”

Richard Okorogheye, 19, who provided protection during the pandemic for sickle cell disease, was last seen on Monday, March 22 at approximately 8:30 p.m.

Richard Okorogheye, 19, who provided protection during the pandemic for sickle cell disease, was last seen on Monday, March 22 at approximately 8:30 p.m.

Richard Okorogheye, 19, who provided protection during the pandemic for sickle cell disease, was last seen on Monday, March 22 at approximately 8:30 p.m.

Miss Joel told Sky News she feared he had been groomed online by someone holding him against his will.

Miss Rose said, “He found the isolation very difficult because he couldn’t see his friends and start college as usual.”

Detective Inspector Nicki Beecher, of the Met’s Area West Public Protection Unit, said: “Our agents are working around the clock to locate Richard and take him to his concerned family.

We would like to speak to anyone who may have been in the vicinity of Ladbroke Grove at the time of Richard’s last known sighting, as recorded above – you may be able to help us trace his next steps.

“If you may have seen Richard, contact the police, no detail is too insignificant.

“When Richard is safe and sound, we urge him to contact us so we can reassure his family.”

Scotland Yard said the Met is “committed to providing the best possible service to families of missing people” and that every available means is being used to locate Mr Okorogheye.

Anyone with information is asked to call the police on 101 quoting 21MIS008134, or they can call 999 in an emergency.