Pokemon Go’s Season Of Alola Event Is Closing With An Ending
Pokémon Go is in the midst of celebrating its Season of Alola event, which features Pokémon first introduced in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end… before the next season of content begins.
The event is currently ongoing, but will come to an end with a final event between May 25 and May 31. During that time, players will be able to conduct unique research and unlock exclusive avatar items and in-game bonuses.
You can find the full list of opportunities for the event finals below.
- Trainers who complete all four event-exclusive Special Research stories by June 1, 2022 will unlock an additional end-of-season Special Research story.
- Trainers can choose from the Melemele Island, Akala Island, Ula’Ula Island, and Poni Island quests to enjoy different tasks and rewards based on their selection. For additional details on each island’s rewards and encounters, visit the Pokémon GO blog.
- Tickets to access the special end-of-season story will also be available in the store for $4.99 USD (or equivalent price level). Trainers who earn the End of Season Special Research story by completing all four individual Special Research tracks will be able to purchase the ticket in the store for additional rewards.
- Trainers who complete the Alolan-themed Collection Challenge will earn 15,000 XP, 15 Ultra Balls, and a Rockruff encounter.
- To celebrate the Alola Season, Trainers can evolve during the event to obtain an Alolan Marowak that knows the Charged Attack Shadow Bone.
- All Trainers will enjoy 2x Stardust when opening Gifts.
- Trainers will be able to encounter the following Pokémon through:
- Wild Encounters:
- Alola Rattata*, Cubone*, Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Pikipek, Yungoos*
- If the Trainers are lucky: Alolan Meowth*, Alolan Exeggutor*
- 7km Eggs:
- Alolan Rattata*, Alolan Sandshrew*, Alolan Vulpix*, Alolan Diglett*, Alolan Meowth*, Alolan Geodude*, Alolan Grimer*, Dewpider, Fomantis, Stufful*, Oranguru
- Research topic:
- Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Pikipek, Yungoos*
- One Star: Alolan Rattata*, Alolan Geodude*, Alolan Diglett*, Alolan Grimer*, Rockruff*
- Three Stars: Alolan Raichu*, Alolan Exeggutor*, Alolan Marowak*
- Five stars: Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini
- Wild Encounters:
*If trainers are lucky, they may find a shiny one.
Pokemon Go is kicking off its in-person events in a big way with Pokemon Fests in various locations and Pokemon Go Community Day around the world on May 21.
GameSpot may earn a commission from retail offers.