WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

PICTURED: Ryan Giggs spotted for the first time since stepping down as manager of Wales

Ryan Giggs has been spotted in public for the first time since he stepped down as manager of Wales.

The Manchester United legend temporarily left the role after he was accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and Sportsmail announced its decision to leave the position on Monday night.

Giggs is pictured playing with his dog and on the phone, less than 48 hours after confirming he was leaving his position.

The 48-year-old – who strenuously denies the allegations and who initially resigned following the charges in November 2020 – decided to end the situation following the delay in his trial.

Ryan Giggs has been spotted for the first time since he stepped down as manager of Wales

Ryan Giggs has been spotted for the first time since he stepped down as manager of Wales

Giggs appeared to be taking his dog for a walk and was seen busy on the phone on Wednesday

Giggs appeared to be taking his dog for a walk and was seen busy on the phone on Wednesday

Manchester United legend said he didn't want his lawsuit to become a distraction

Manchester United legend said he didn’t want his lawsuit to become a distraction

Giggs does not want his situation to act as a distraction as his country prepares for his first appearance in a World Cup final since 1958.

He remains determined to clear his name, but as the proceedings are unlikely to take place until August, he believes now is the time for clarification.

Rob Page, who guided Wales to a spot at the World Cup in Qatar, has been interim manager since Giggs stepped down temporarily and is in talks to get the job on a permanent basis.

Giggs will not lead Wales at the World Cup, and Rob Page is expected to become the permanent manager

Giggs will not lead Wales at the World Cup, and Rob Page is expected to become the permanent manager

Page said after Wales booked their World Cup spot that his contract had been extended, but Giggs’ decision puts an end to any uncertainty about his future.

Giggs’ trial was adjourned for nearly seven months to August 8 following a backlog of cases at Manchester Crown Court.

He is charged with inflicting bodily harm on his ex at his home in Worsley, Greater Manchester, in November 2020 and using coercion against her. He is also accused of assaulting his ex’s sister. Giggs denies all allegations.

In a statement released Monday, Giggs said: “After much deliberation, I am stepping down as manager of the Wales men’s national team with immediate effect.

“It has been an honor and privilege to lead my country, but it is only right that the Wales FA, coaching staff and players prepare for the tournament with certainty, clarity and without speculation for the position of their head coach. .

Giggs, 48, has pleaded not guilty to the charges and his case has been delayed

Giggs, 48, has pleaded not guilty to the charges and his case has been delayed

“As has been widely publicized, I have pleaded not guilty to the criminal charges heard in the Manchester Crown Court.

“While I am confident in our legal process, I had hoped that the case would have been heard earlier so that I could resume my managerial responsibilities.

“The matter has been delayed through no one’s fault.

“I do not want the country’s preparations for the World Cup to be in any way affected, destabilized or jeopardized by the continued interest in this matter.

Giggs completed the move after the country qualified for the World Cup under Page

Giggs completed the move after the country qualified for the World Cup under Page

“I have been fortunate to have had unforgettable moments during my three years in charge of the national team.

“I am proud of my record and will cherish those special moments forever.

“It has been a pleasure to work with such established, senior professionals and it has made me immensely proud to see so many young players progress to the national team and flourish in the proud red colors of our country.

“I am touched and grateful for our passionate supporters who follow us around the world.

“Seeing nearly 3,000 of our loyal traveling fans in Baku for the European Championship qualifier against Azerbaijan made me appreciate the sacrifices people make to see our country play.

“I am sorry we cannot continue this journey together, as I believe this extraordinary group will make the country proud of our first World Cup since 1958.

“I would like to thank the chief executive Noel Mooney, his predecessor Jonathan Ford, the board of the FAW, plus the many people behind the scenes who work tirelessly to help our national team and for the support they have given me through this difficult time. time in my personal life.

“My intention is to resume my management career at a later date and I look forward to seeing our national team in the stands next to you.

Finally, I would like to wish the players, staff and supporters of the FAW every success at the World Cup and in the future. Thanks and best wishes. Ryan.’

GIGGS’ FULL STATEMENT

After much consideration, I am resigning from my position as manager of the Wales men’s national team with immediate effect.

It has been an honor and privilege to lead my country, but it is only right that the Wales FA, coaching staff and players are preparing for the position of their head coach at the tournament with certainty, clarity and without speculation.

As has been well published, I have pleaded not guilty to the criminal charges heard in the Manchester Crown Court.

While I am confident in our legal process, I had hoped that the case would have been heard earlier so that I could resume my managerial responsibilities.

The case was delayed through no one’s fault.

I do not want the country’s preparations for the World Cup to be affected, destabilized or jeopardized in any way by the continued interest in this matter.

I have been fortunate to have had unforgettable moments during my three years in charge of the national team.

I am proud of my record and will cherish those special times forever.

It has been a pleasure to work with such established, experienced professionals and it has made me immensely proud to see so many young players ascend to the national squad and bloom in the proud reds of our country.

I am moved and grateful to our passionate supporters for following us around the world.

Seeing nearly 3,000 of our loyal traveling fans in Baku for the European Championship qualifier against Azerbaijan has made me appreciate the sacrifices people make to see our country play.

I regret that we cannot continue this journey together, as I believe that this extraordinary group will make the country proud of our first World Cup since 1958.

I want to thank the chief executive Noel Mooney, his predecessor Jonathan Ford, the board of the FAW, plus the many people behind the scenes who work tirelessly to help our national team and for the support they have given me during this difficult time in my personal life.

It is my intention to resume my management career at a later date and I look forward to seeing our national team in the stands next to you.

Finally, I would like to wish the players, staff and supporters of the FAW every success at the World Cup and in the future.

Thanks and best wishes. Ryan

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More