Pictured: Irish boy of 3 who drowned in a swimming pool during a family vacation in Spain
- Avery James Greene, from Mallow, Co. Cork, was on vacation with grandparents
- He was pulled out of a swimming pool in an apartment complex in Cabo Roig near Alicante
- An air ambulance crew spent an hour at the pool trying to stabilize it before being flown to Alicante's general hospital around 10:30 on Monday
This is the first photo of a three-year-old Irish boy who died after being found unconscious in a swimming pool during a vacation in Spain.
Avery James Greene, from Mallow, Country Cork, was taken out of the pool on Monday in an apartment complex in Cabo Roig near Alicante.
The boy died yesterday after flying over to the hospital.
Friends described the toddler as & # 39; awesome & # 39; and & # 39; fantastic & # 39 ;.
Pictured: Avery James Greene, from Mallow, Country Cork, was taken out of the pool on Monday in an apartment complex in Cabo Roig near Alicante
A friend of the family said that family members have been shaken to the core by the tragic news & # 39 ;.
Councilor Paudie Dineen told Cork Beo: & # 39; We know the family very well, my wife Sandra grew up with the boy's mother Amanda, they were just like sisters & # 39 ;, said the counselor.
& # 39; It is a very difficult time for everyone and our thoughts and prayers are with the families in this very difficult time.
& # 39; Everyone is just thinking of them in this difficult time and they have our full support. & # 39;
It is believed that Avery & # 39; s father Eric traveled to Spain to join his son and mother Amanda at the time of his death.
Doctors found the to & # 39; very cold & # 39; on Monday but resuscitated him until his vital signs improved, local media reported.
Reportedly, a doctor and an air ambulance crew spent an hour at the swimming pool to stabilize him before being flown to Alicante General Hospital around 10:30 am.
Cabo Roig near Alicante, where the boy was transported to the hospital after he was found in the swimming pool
He received a living, surrounded by his destroyed family.
The boy, who was on vacation with his grandparents, died in hospital on Tuesday, the authorities confirmed.
He had eaten breakfast yesterday morning before his family worried about his whereabouts.
It is unclear whether he has fallen into the pool or has decided to play alone.
He was seen floating by a passer-by in the pool around 9 a.m. before being transferred to the hospital (stock photo)
According to local reports, a vacationer saw the boy and thought it was a doll before he realized it was a child.
The child's grandparents own a pub in Turner's Cross on the south side of the city of Cork, it is believed.
Fine Gael Councilor in Mallow, John Paul O & Shea told the Irish mirror it was & # 39; all parents' nightmare & # 39; and & # 39; the thoughts and prayers of the people of Mallow are currently with them & # 39 ;.
Ramon Lopez, city councilor for public safety, praised & # 39; the rapid action of both local police and health center physicians who could stabilize the child even though he was without oxygen for some time.
Death is treated as an accident and the Irish Ministry of Foreign Affairs will provide consular support to the Avery family.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) spain