Incredible photos of a long abandoned farm show exactly what life was like in the 19th century.
Fascinating recordings of the home, which was built in 1860 and is the home of a highly respected local teacher, include a messy old desk; a vintage bottle of medicine designed to prevent bedwetting; and an antique mannequin wrapped in fabric for decades.
The striking photos & # 39; s were taken by urban explorer Bryan Sansivero, 34, who became the first person to be enchanted for 40 years in the enchanting building, as the future of the building is determined.
"I was asked by the school district, which owns the property, to document the house as it was found after they received the property after a recent legal battle," the New York resident said.
The amazing Marion Carll farm on Long Island was built in 1860 in modern Suffolk County, New York. It was abandoned decades ago and is still full of intriguing oddities that take visitors back to the 19th century
The multi-storey house dates from before the American Civil War and some outbuildings around the deteriorating structure, including a garage and a smoke house, date impressively from 1701
The inside of the house sinks with forgotten furniture, draping wallpaper tired of neglect and Caroll family history collecting dust within the recessed walls
Now a decayed and repressed reminder of America's past, this neglected part of the home was used to house African-American slaves before the abolition of slavery in 1865 and was later transformed into a servant's residence
The bedrooms in the farmhouse are a snapshot in history, with a striped antique carpet over dark wooden floors that lead to a wooden cupboard filled to the brim with beautifully decorated historic dresses and extraordinary accessories
“Parts of the house collapsed and it was very dusty and moldy. It was also very cold on some days. But I loved the mystery of the place, and how the right photo can ask you questions.
“I think the most interesting find were the photos of the family. See that all that history is slowly lost in time. It is challenging.
"The photos & # 39; s have a lot to say."
Photos of the Carll family are recorded here scattered on a table in the farm. Photographer Bryan Sansivero said it was fascinating to see history fade for him
An antique mannequin in an abandoned room is one of the characteristics of the home that gives a glimpse into daily life and the fascinations of the last matriarch of the home
Carll was a hardworking teacher, but she also loved tailoring. Here is one of the mannequins she used to make her own dresses, tucked away in a bedroom
Clumsy books from Carll lie on top of an improvised bookshelf. She was an avid educator of local school children and an official of the Commack community
The Marion Carll farm on Long Island, New York dates from before the American Civil War and is named after the former resident, Marion Carll, who was born in 1885.
As this remarkable photo's show, the house gives a first-hand experience of what life was like at the start of the 19th century. Some outbuildings around the farm date from 1701.
Carll, whose surname is synonymous with the local environment, devoted her life to education and public service. She is a lifelong resident of the farm, trained as an educator and serving as a teacher in New York City and Commack.
Carll, pictured with one of her ponies on the farm's estate, also owned a horse barn, a sheep barn, four smaller barns and a coach house that sat on the grounds
An old desk was still full of papers and notebooks used by Carrl, who worked from 1929 to 1954 as a respected school teacher.
Countless medicine bottles were discovered on wooden desks around the house, including the Humphrey 30 "container that once contained a home remedy intended to cure bedwetting and bladder disorders
A range of medicines and concoctions has been found in the home, including a bottle of Laudanum that treated pain with addictive opium
Carll left the farm for the Commack School District after her death in 1968 under the conditions that it would be used for historical educational purposes. Pictured above, an old sewing machine still seems to be in good condition despite the dust
Although the program envisaged by Carll was set up, it collapsed a few decades ago and its possessions, including this stately piano, continued to decline with the building
During her long term as treasurer of the Commack District and Census Taker from 1929 to 1954, she helped organize the first PTA of the school district and was an active member of the Commack Methodist Church and local community groups.
Upon her death in 1968, Marion Carll donated the farm property to the Commack School District under the conditions that it would be used for historical educational purposes.
Although such a program was set up, it collapsed a few decades ago and the building has since been empty and deteriorated.
Bryan Sansivero, 34, was commissioned by the school district to conquer the historic home after winning a recent legal battle to control the farm
The other members of the Carrll family sued the school district in 2012 and claimed that the school district had been neglecting the home for decades, hoping to reclaim the home of their family and all the important antiques
There are currently proposals to transform the farmhouse and all its antiques into a completely new space for modern purposes, although the house is equipped with an alarm system and modern lighting
The house can be transformed into a working nine-hectare farm, an educational center or a restored historic location that would honor the Marion Caroll farm in the coming years
Sansivero said parts of the house were collapsing, and while he was working he found it very dusty and moldy. He said he was & # 39; fond of the mystery of the place and how to ask questions with the right photo & # 39;
Claiming that the school board has neglected their duty of care, the Carll family launched an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to reclaim their ancestor's house and intriguing curiosities.
The courts have recently given preference to the school board that remains the legal owners of the farm. There are now proposals to transform the nine-hectare site into a working organic farm, an educational center or a restored historic site.
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail