Photo in Harry and Meghan’s Netflix trailer used to illustrate paparazzi chasing them actually showed invited photographers taking photos at a Harry Potter movie premiere in 2011…five years before the couple had even met
- Image shows photographers ostensibly taking pictures of the Sussexes
- However, they were actually next to the red carpet at a Harry Potter premiere
- JK Rowling, Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson all attended the July 2011 event
- That’s five years before Harry and Meghan were first proposed in 2016
A photo used in Harry and Meghan’s Netflix trailer showing them supposedly being hunted by paparazzi was actually taken at a Harry Potter premiere five years before they met.
The image shows a large number of photographers ostensibly fighting for space to take sought-after images of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
However, the photographers were standing next to the red carpet at the central London premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two – the final film of JK Rowling’s franchise.
The author was joined at the premiere in July 2011 by the film’s three protagonists, Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.
The image shows a large number of photographers seemingly fighting for space to take desirable photos of Harry and Meghan
But the photo was actually taken from photographers at the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two in central London
The photo used in the Harry and Meghan Netflix trailer, released earlier this week
Harry and Meghan pictured attending a Creative Industries and Business reception in Johannesburg, South Africa in October 2019
That’s five years before Harry and Meghan were first introduced to each other in 2016.
The picture shown as Harry says, “I had to do everything I could to protect my family.”
Royal expert Ingrid Seward told The sun“I can’t imagine Harry would have realized it, but Netflix has been careless here because it weakens Harry’s comment about protecting his family.” This fake photo weakens his point.’
Reportedly, no members of the royal family attended the premiere.
Instead, the photo appears first under the search results for “paparazzi” on the stock photo website Alamy.
The first trailer for the six-part series was released last week and threatened to reveal further details about family issues.
The series is reportedly set to release on Thursday, and royal sources have already claimed they expect the show to be “Oprah with more crying.”
But the royal family insists they won’t be “baffled” by the documentary.
Contrary to claims of behind-the-scenes “crisis talks” and plans to “hit back” at yet another barrage of claims and allegations, senior royals are planning a very “business as usual” approach.
“We will not let gusts blow us off course from across the Atlantic,” a royal source scathingly told the Daily Mail.
There’s a sense of ‘here we go again’ in the royal households over the couple’s new Netflix bombshell ‘docuseseries’ launching Thursday
The King and the Queen’s consort (pictured) have a busy week ahead of them with a number of important and long-planned engagements
A slick trailer for the six-part series was released last week, threatening to reveal further details about family issues. Pictured: A photo from the trailer
The Mail on Sunday reported yesterday how the King and Queen’s consort are ‘tired’ by the constant attacks from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Sources at Buckingham Palace said there was “growing frustration and exhaustion” over the barrage of complaints that Harry and Meghan are relentlessly and publicly voicing about their alleged treatment by members of the royal family.
But there is hope among the family that the ‘Sussex squall’ will blow itself out by the time the series ends and Harry’s forthcoming memoir is published in January.
“It’s probably going to be a tough few weeks, but what else can they have to say after that?” asked another insider.
It’s all going to be a very “end of the pier” show if they don’t watch out and spread the same complaints on talk shows and documentaries.