Advertisements
The vet has contacted Kmart directly with the seller to remove the $ 5 two-handed Tug Pet Toy from the shelves to prevent further incidents

Pet owners are warned to avoid a popular $ 5 toy sold in Kmart because broken pieces can nestle in dogs' stomachs.

  • Pet owners have been warned to avoid a $ 5 toy sold at Kmart
  • The Wilston veterinary clinic in Brisbane treated two dogs after they ate the toy
  • Broken pieces of rubber got stuck in their stomachs and required surgery
Advertisements

Pet owners have been warned to avoid a $ 5 toy sold to Kmart after two separate incidents of dogs needing surgery to dislodge broken pieces in their stomachs.

The Wilston Vet clinic in Brisbane treated two dogs after broken pieces of rubber chew toy landed in their upper intestines.

The vet contacted Kmart directly with the seller to remove the $ 5 two-handed Tug Pet Toy from the shelves to prevent further incidents.

The vet has contacted Kmart directly with the seller to remove the $ 5 two-handed Tug Pet Toy from the shelves to prevent further incidents

Advertisements

The vet has contacted Kmart directly with the seller to remove the $ 5 two-handed Tug Pet Toy from the shelves to prevent further incidents

The Wilston Vet Clinic in Brisbane treated two dogs after broken pieces of rubber chew were stuck in their upper intestines

The Wilston Vet Clinic in Brisbane treated two dogs after broken pieces of rubber chew were stuck in their upper intestines

The Wilston Vet Clinic in Brisbane treated two dogs after broken pieces of rubber chew were stuck in their upper intestines

In the meantime, they reach out to consumers and insist that they don't buy the product or throw it in the trash if they already have one at home.

& # 39; The dogs, who were not familiar with each other and did not know each other, came to a local emergency center for consecutive days & # 39 ;, the vet shared on a Facebook post.

& # 39; They were both vomiting, not eating and very sick at a blocked gastrointestinal tract. & # 39;

& # 39; Both had a foreign body in their upper intestine. Both required major abdominal surgery to remove the obstruction. & # 39;

Advertisements

& # 39; In both cases it was a $ 5 K-MART chew toy.

& # 39; Warn everyone there. They are brittle and somehow break, and dogs think it's a good idea to swallow them. & # 39;

The product is still available for sale online.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Kmart for comments.

Pet owners have been warned to prevent a five-dollar toy from being sold in kmart after two separate incidents of dogs that need major surgery to dislodge broken pieces in their stomachs.

Pet owners have been warned to prevent a five-dollar toy from being sold in kmart after two separate incidents of dogs that need major surgery to dislodge broken pieces in their stomachs.

Advertisements

Pet owners have been warned to prevent a five-dollar toy from being sold in kmart after two separate incidents of dogs that need major surgery to dislodge broken pieces in their stomachs.

& # 39; The dogs, who were not familiar with each other and did not know each other, came to a local emergency center on consecutive days, & # 39; the vet shared it on a Facebook message

& # 39; The dogs, who were not familiar with each other and did not know each other, came to a local emergency center on consecutive days, & # 39; the vet shared it on a Facebook message

& # 39; The dogs, who were not familiar with each other and did not know each other, came to a local emergency center on consecutive days, & # 39; the vet shared it on a Facebook message

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail