People with goosebumps enjoy better physical health and are more creative, according to a new Oxford survey

Professor Robin Murphy of the University of Oxford, in the photo, has been investigating how he got goosebumps and discovered that those who experience them enjoy better physical health and are more creative and friendly than those who do not.

People who experience goosebumps tend to have better physical health, are more creative and friendly than those who do not, according to a study.

They are also good for our mental well-being, he discovered the research, since experiencing them in an edifying environment puts us in a positive attitude.

Participants in the university study witnessed a 45-minute performance at a summer music festival: 55 percent said they experienced chills during the festival and the rest did not.

Professor Robin Murphy of the University of Oxford, in the photo, has been investigating how he got goosebumps and discovered that those who experience them enjoy better physical health and are more creative and friendly than those who do not.

Professor Robin Murphy of the University of Oxford, in the photo, has been investigating how he got goosebumps and discovered that those who experience them enjoy better physical health and are more creative and friendly than those who do not.

The researchers studied 100 test subjects at a live music venue during the summer

The researchers studied 100 test subjects at a live music venue during the summer

The researchers studied 100 test subjects at a live music venue during the summer

The research, based on 100 test subjects, was carried out by Robin Murphy of Oxford University and Matthew Sachs of Harvard University.

They were asked about their vision of life, how empathetic they are, their perceptions of their own mental and physical health and more, before comparing the findings.

Made to celebrate the benefits available to cardholders through Barclaycard Entertainment, the studio follows previous studies that identified live music as one of the main causes of goose bumps.

Robin Murphy, associate professor of experimental psychology at the University of Oxford, said: "The phenomenon of goosebumps has intrigued us for many years and having the opportunity to test participants in a live environment has certainly provided some reflection. .

"The results of the Barclaycard study are the first to show a correlation between different personality traits and people experiencing goose bumps.

"The evidence suggests that being really connected to live entertainment and getting goosebumps has an impact on our overall sense of well-being and mood."

The study found that 66 percent of those who experienced the sensation of tremor perceived themselves as "good" in their emotional and physical health: 46 percent of those who did not receive said the same thing.

Likewise, more than those who got the tingling (88%) said they felt happier after seeing the performance than those who did not (80%).

While the 80 percent who had goosebumps described themselves as "empathetic" and "nice" compared to 63 percent of the sample that did not.

It also emerged that more of those who got goosebumps had a greater interest in creative activities such as baking, painting and writing.

However, many of those who did NOT get goose bumps claimed to have confidence in themselves, compared to those who experienced them, 82% compared to 60%.

During the experiment, more women (55 percent) experienced chills than men (46 percent).

And researchers believe that this suggests that women tend to have stronger emotional connections to music than men.

A total of 126 chicken skin moments were experienced during the study, an average of three moments per minute.

And it was discovered that they occur most commonly during the first minute of a song.

Barclaycard also commissioned the research of 2,000 adults in the United Kingdom where 77 percent experienced chills, leaving 23 percent who NEVER had.

However, those who do, experience them six times a month on average, that's 371 times during their life.

Among the main causes of goosebumps were live entertainment, singing voices & incredible, guitar solos & crowds singing together en masse.

But the survey also found that seven out of 10 adults in the UK have no idea what the tingling sensation is for.

Daniel Mathieson, director of experiential marketing at Barclaycard, said: "Most of us can relate to experiencing goose bumps when watching live entertainment.

"And now we have a clear understanding of why this happens and what it means to us as individuals.

"The results reflect the overwhelmingly positive impact that music and live entertainment can have on our lives, ranging from health and happiness to general well-being.

"It's really exciting to be part of the first scientific study of this kind."

.