Home Australia Pennington Reserve dog attack: Owner apologizes after fleeing park when his dog bit toddler

Pennington Reserve dog attack: Owner apologizes after fleeing park when his dog bit toddler

0 comment
Basam Hafiz's three-year-old son was playing on the team at Pennington Reserve, in Adelaide's north, when he was attacked by a Tenterfield terrier about 4.30pm on Wednesday.

The owner of a dog that ripped the skin off a toddler’s cheek and mouth in a park has apologized for fleeing the scene.

Basam Hafiz’s three-year-old son was playing on the team at Pennington Reserve, in Adelaide’s north, when he was attacked by a Tenterfield terrier about 4.30pm on Wednesday.

The boy was taken to Women’s and Children’s Hospital and underwent surgery, and his family fears he will be left with permanent scars.

The dog’s owner, Jeb Stubberfield, immediately grabbed his dog and left the park after the attack, before emergency services arrived.

Stubberfield has since apologized and admitted he should have stayed to check on the youngster.

Basam Hafiz’s three-year-old son was playing on the team at Pennington Reserve, in Adelaide’s north, when he was attacked by a Tenterfield terrier about 4.30pm on Wednesday.

The dog's owner, Jeb Stubberfield, immediately grabbed his dog and left the park following the attack before emergency services arrived.

The dog’s owner, Jeb Stubberfield, immediately grabbed his dog and left the park following the attack before emergency services arrived.

‘I just panicked. This is very unfortunate, I am very sorry, I wish I could take it back. “I should have been more of a man and stayed here,” said the dog’s owner. Seven news.

The owner said his dog had been eating some grass when the boy went to pet him, causing him to attack.

“It’s an unfortunate circumstance to be honest,” Mr Stubberfield said.

“First of all, I obviously apologize to the child and the family for putting them through this pain.”

The dog was given to the man five years ago as he struggled with anxiety and depression.

The young man underwent surgery over fears his facial injuries would leave permanent scars.

The young man underwent surgery over fears his facial injuries would leave permanent scars.

Basam Hafiz, the boy's father, said he was

Basam Hafiz, the boy’s father, said he was “quite upset.”

Mr Stubberfield is now worried that the local council will take his dog and euthanize him.

The three-year-old boy spent the night in the hospital and is now recovering at home.

Mr Hafiz said: “I was quite upset and I’m still very upset because if you look at him, it’s half his face and he’s just a child.”

Previously, a police spokesman said that IInvestigations were being carried out with inspectors from Charles Sturt City Council.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Charles Sturt City Council for comment.

You may also like