WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Paramedic chokes on death in chocolate-eating contest in Russia

Woman chokes on the cake-eating contest in Russia after putting three Choco cakes in her mouth

  • Alexandra Yudina started to choke after she emptied her plate in a bar in Moscow
  • Images shared by partygoers showed her gasping and collapsing
  • Bar staff and friends with medical qualifications were unable to lift the block

A trained paramedic choked after forcing three Choco Pies into her mouth during a cake-eating competition in Russia.

Alexandra Yudina started to choke after she emptied her plate in a bar in Moscow in a race with two other participants.

The 23-year-old gasped and apparently dropped to the floor with her mouth still full of cake.

Bar staff and some of her friends with medical qualifications rushed to help her, but could not lift the block.

Alexandra Yudina, choking on a bar in Moscow

Alexandra Yudina was a trained paramedic

Alexandra Yudina was a trained paramedic

Alexandra Yudina (photo), a trained paramedic, choked on a bar in Moscow after squeezing three chocolate cakes in her mouth during a food competition

Alexandra was one of three participants who received a plate of Choco Pies (above) during a food competition in a Russian bar

Alexandra was one of three participants who received a plate of Choco Pies (above) during a food competition in a Russian bar

Alexandra was one of three participants who received a plate of Choco Pies (above) during a food competition in a Russian bar

The 23-year-old began to choke after trying to eat the last two cakes in one bite

The 23-year-old began to choke after trying to eat the last two cakes in one bite

The 23-year-old began to choke after trying to eat the last two cakes in one bite

An ambulance crew arrived at the Killfish bar, but could not save the life of the 23-year-old.

Images of the horrific incident were shared by partygoers at the Moscow location, while CCTV images were shown on Russian television.

After Alexandra walked away from the table where the competition was held, the footage shows a photographer taking her photo while suddenly becoming unstable.

She seemed to go to the toilet, but she collapsed to the floor despite a friend’s attempts to catch her.

A newspaper from Moscow said that Alexandra, known to her friends as Sasha, had been diagnosed with leukemia six months ago and had told friends that she wanted to use every opportunity to have fun.

However, her grieving father Vasily Yudin, 57, has not confirmed her illness.

Alexandra started gasping for breath after finishing the food competition and leaving the table

Alexandra started gasping for breath after finishing the food competition and leaving the table

Alexandra started gasping for breath after finishing the food competition and leaving the table

Alexandra collapsed to the floor despite a friend's attempts to catch her after she started choking after the food competition

Alexandra collapsed to the floor despite a friend's attempts to catch her after she started choking after the food competition

Alexandra collapsed to the floor despite a friend’s attempts to catch her after she started choking after the food competition

Alexandra, known to her friends as Sasha, was diagnosed with leukemia six months ago

Alexandra, known to her friends as Sasha, was diagnosed with leukemia six months ago

Reports said Sasha had no intention of taking part in a food competition when she went out Saturday night, but was participating when it started

Reports said Sasha had no intention of taking part in a food competition when she went out Saturday night, but was participating when it started

There have been reports that Alexandra, known to her friends as Sasha, was diagnosed with leukemia six months ago

Reports said that Sasha was not going to participate in a food competition when she went out Saturday night, but joined when it started.

Each participant received three small cakes, probably Choco cakes with a marshmallow filling.

The images show that Alexandra is trying to put two of them in her mouth after eating the first one, causing her to choke.

Earlier in the evening, Alexandra would have liked to ‘drink, dance and photograph’, friends said.

The 23-year-old had graduated from a medical university with a qualification as a paramedic.

.