Papa's suffered after his daughter, 18, died of a liquid ecstasy overdose at a party

& # 39; She didn't get the chance to learn from her mistake & # 39 ;: father's fear after his daughter, 18, died of an overdose of liquid ecstasy – revealing the tragic closing words she said to him

  • The sorrowful father of a teenager who is deadly overdose has broken the silence
  • He urged children to avoid drugs, so that no other families would suffer as he has
  • Marlu Cartmer-Congui, 18, excessively killed in January on liquid ecstasy

A father of a teenage girl who brought an overdose of fluid ecstasy to a party on the schoolyard broke his silence about the tragic death of his daughter and issued a desperate warning to young partygoers.

Enzo Congiu is the father of Marli Cartmer-Congiu, 18, who died after taking & # 39; liquid G & # 39; for the first time in a house in Randwick in east Sydney on January 28.

He urged children to avoid drugs, so no more parents were forced to continue with what he did when the student at Brigidine College died.

Enzo Congiu (photo) the father of the late Marli Cartmer-Congiu (photo), 18, has broken his silence. He spoke out against drug use by young people, so that no other family would suffer like his

Enzo Congiu (photo) the father of the late Marli Cartmer-Congiu (photo), 18, has broken his silence. He spoke out against drug use by young people, so that no other family would suffer like his

& # 39; To put it simply, you can't look at your children 24/7, no matter how well you raise and trust them, this can happen to anyone & # 39 ;, he wrote in Connect, a Catholic school newsletter.

& # 39; Most people learn from their mistakes, but Marli didn't have that opportunity. & # 39;

& # 39; She was 18, not a drinker and had no real interest in drugs. We talked about it often and she knew the risks. & # 39;

& # 39; We are all at a loss about what happened, it was one of those stupid things that teenagers do and has completely saddened us all. & # 39;

Marli (photo) took liquid ecstasy, also known as GHB or & # 39; lirquid G & # 39 ;, for the first time at a home party in the interior of Sydney during the weekend in Australia.

Marli (photo) took liquid ecstasy, also known as GHB or & # 39; lirquid G & # 39 ;, for the first time at a home party in the interior of Sydney during the weekend in Australia.

Marli (photo) took liquid ecstasy, also known as GHB or & # 39; lirquid G & # 39 ;, for the first time at a home party in the interior of Sydney during the weekend in Australia.

Marli planned to demolish a year to travel and work in her father's hair salon after completing her HSC last year.

She wanted to become a nurse and study at the Australian Catholic University.

The last time her father saw her was when he dropped her off at her part-time job at a takeaway restaurant in Mascot during the long weekend of the Australia Day.

He told her to stay safe when she got out of the car and the last words she told him were: & # 39; I love you & # 39 ;.

Marli Cartmer-Congiu (pictured with ex-boyfriend Gully Thomas) died in the hospital after a suspected overdose at a house party in Sydney in the early hours of Sunday morning

Marli Cartmer-Congiu (pictured with ex-boyfriend Gully Thomas) died in the hospital after a suspected overdose at a house party in Sydney in the early hours of Sunday morning

Marli Cartmer-Congiu (pictured with ex-boyfriend Gully Thomas) died in the hospital after a suspected overdose at a house party in Sydney in the early hours of Sunday morning

Marli stayed with a friend and went to a house party where GHB tried for the first time on Saturday of the long weekend of Australia Day.

Her mother Kate screamed to wake her husband when she found out that her daughter had been taken to the hospital at 6 am on Sunday morning.

The parents discovered that Marli had irreparable brain damage after oxygen was cut off from her brain when they arrived at the hospital.

Marli & # 39; s heart stopped on Sunday, January 28 at 1:30 PM.

WHAT IS GBH OR & # 39; LIQUID ECSTASY & # 39 ;?

GHB is a medicine that is common in the dance and party scene. The greatest risk is an overdose, especially if it is taken with other depressive medicines, possibly leading to coma and death.

GHB is a bitter or salty-tasting liquid that can have an odorless or light odor. It is usually clear, but can be bright blue. GHB can also be produced in powder or pill form.

GHB is an abbreviation for the chemical name gamma-hydroxybutyric acid. It is also known as G, GBH (physical injury), fantasy, gamma G, blue nitro and liquid E.

GHB is also called liquid ecstasy because of its effects, but it is not chemically related to medicinal ecstasy (MDMA).

Source: Health Direct

The tragedy came during the debate about whether partygoers would be able to test drugs at music festivals in the aftermath of five deaths in so many months.

Alex Ross-King died at the FOMO festival in Parramatta Park in Sydney on January 12 in what was the fifth fatality at an organized event in NSW since September.

The grieving parents of the 19-year-old begged the state government to introduce pill testing.

Six partygoers died of drug overdose during the summer season.

Alex Ross-King (photo) died at the FOMO festival in Parramatta Park, Sydney, on January 12

Alex Ross-King (photo) died at the FOMO festival in Parramatta Park, Sydney, on January 12

Alex Ross-King (photo) died at the FOMO festival in Parramatta Park, Sydney, on January 12

PICTURED: SIX YOUNG PUBLIC WORKS THAT MAKE ONLY FIVE MONTHS OF DRUGS OF THE PARTY

MARLI CARTMER CONGIU

Marli Cartmer-Congiu took liquid ecstasy for the first time at a house party in the interior of Sydney on Saturday night, her friends said.

A short time later she collapsed. Her friends called an ambulance and she was rushed to the hospital, but she could not be saved.

ALEX ROSS-KING

Alex Ross-King, 19, died in hospital on January 12 after attending the FOMO festival in Parramatta Park.

The family of the Central Coast teen pleaded with the NSW government for the introduction of pill testing to rekindle the debate about its effectiveness.

JOSHUA TAM

Joshua Tam, 22, died in hospital on December 29 after attending the Lost Paradise music festival at Gosford.

His family helped set up a clothing label in the memory of the young rugby league player with proceeds to drug education for young Australians.

CALLUM BROSNAN

Callum Brosnan, 19, died after attending the dance music festival Knockout Games of Destiny on December 9.

He was found at a train station near the festival in Sydney Olympic Park, but later died in the hospital.

JOSEPH PHAM

Callum Brosnan (pictured left) and Joseph Pham (photo right) both died after suspected overdoses at festivals at the end of last year

Joseph Pham, 23, from western Sydney died in the hospital from a suspected drug overdose on September 15 after the Defqon.1 festival.

Weeks before he died, he shared a Facebook message from a group called & # 39; Sniff Off & # 39; who argues for no snooping dogs, pill testing and drug legalization.

DIANA NGUYEN

Diana Nguyen, a 21-year-old from Melbourne, also died after Defqon.1 on September 15 due to a suspected overdose.

Mrs. Nguyen was engaged after presenting her finances in Hawaii during her 21st birthday in April.

A royal investigation has been started to investigate the five dead at music festivals.

Two more deaths can be investigated in the investigation.

Advertisement