The week has only just begun and another major sale is already starting on Steam. This time there are puzzling Discounts on all sorts of puzzle games and adventuresthat strain your gray cells. One offer is particularly worthwhile.
Highlight of the sales: village romance
Dorfromantik – Test video for release version 1.0 – Test video for release version 1.0
With Dorfromantik you can get many hours of relaxing puzzle fun in the library for comparatively little money. The aim of the game is to create a landscape that is as large and ideally as pretty as possible from small hexagonal cards that you draw from a deck of cards.
On the individual parts there are meadows, forests, fields, houses, rivers and more, which you insert as appropriately as possible into the existing landscape. For appropriately discarded cards and completed challenges (e.g. building a contiguous forest with 200 trees) you get points that refill your card stack. If this is empty, you start a new round.
Finally, unlockable cards, which you get by completing tasks, ensure long-term motivation. These can be variations on well-known motifs, or completely new parts, such as a beaver dam, a castle ruin or a granary.
During the now completed Early Access phase, the developers expanded the puzzle game with additional practical features and new content such as new game modes and biomes. In the meantime, Dorfromantik has become a great game with its charming paper cut look, the relaxing soundtrack and the simple but motivating gameplay that we didn’t want to leave in the test.
More exciting offers
In addition to village romance, there are of course many other games on offer. Particularly worthwhile bargains are often hidden in bundles where you can grab a whole range of games:
- We Were Here (Bundle): Popular co-op puzzle series in which you have to escape a dark dungeon in pairs. But you are always in different places and communicate via walkie-talkie. (16 euros, 61 percent discount)
- Siberia (Bundle): An adventure series that lets you experience a detective story with fantastic interludes. Worth a look despite the weak third part. (19 euros, 80 percent discount)
- Portal 1 & 2 (Bundle): An unrivaled classic. You must create portals to solve increasingly difficult puzzles. In addition to the tricky tasks, there is also a great story. (1.50 euros, 93 percent discount)
- myst: A remake of a puzzle classic that looks pretty snazzy thanks to the Unreal Engine. (16 euros, 35 percent discount)
- superliminal: A hugely popular puzzle game that plays with your perception. You have to solve the puzzles by changing your perspective. (8 euros, 50 percent discount)
- Talos Principle: Portal fans will feel at home here. You solve numerous physics-based puzzles. The game also tells a philosophical story. (4 euros, 85 percent discount)
Are you considering buying Dorfromantik now? Or maybe you have already played it yourself and can recommend it or want to advise against it? Which puzzle games and adventures do you like best, and have you perhaps discovered other bargains during the discount campaign? Feel free to write it in the comments!