Oman is a beautiful country, and it’s full of fascinating sights with plenty of opportunities for adventure. Explore the breathtaking scenery with an Oman tour by TravelVerse, where you can take advantage of our unique tours to experience this exotic and picturesque part of the world.
What will you do in Oman?
If you’ve been dreaming of sinking your toes in the sand of Oman’s beaches, now is the time to make that dream a reality! TravelVerse has put together the perfect Oman tour for you. From a relaxing day at the beach to an exhilarating mountain adventure, our itinerary has something for everyone.
Our first stop is Muscat — the capital and largest city in Oman. Take a stroll down its bustling streets or relax by the waterfront. There are plenty of restaurants and sights to see, so take your time exploring!
Next, head north to Sohar, which is known for its pearl diving and ancient ruins. You can also visit Qalhat Fort, one of Oman’s oldest settlements. Spend some time shopping at the local markets or checking out the art galleries before settling in for a relaxing evening under the stars.
The following day brings us to Salalah, one of Oman’s most popular tourist destinations due to its beautiful beaches and relaxed atmosphere. Save some time for a swim in the crystal-clear waters or take a walk on one of Salalah’s stunning promenades before grabbing a bite at one of the many restaurants on offer.
Why Travel to Oman?
One of the best reasons to travel to Oman is its diverse geography. From the lush forests of Musandam Peninsula to the harsh deserts of the Rub’ al Khali, there is much to explore in this beautiful country. Additionally, Oman has an abundance of natural wonders, such as the Jebel Ali Madhab and Nizwa Fort. There are also plenty of cultural experiences available for visitors, like attending a traditional Omani wedding or watching traditional sand artist performances.
The climate in Oman is moderate year-round with temperatures ranging from 33°C (91°F) in summer to 16°C (61°F) in winter. The country has no pronounced seasons and receives about 350 mm (13 inches) of rainfall annually. This makes Oman a great destination for all types of travelers, including those who prefer beaches and sunshine during the summer months and cooler weather during winter.
There are many ways to enjoy life in Oman. TravelVerse tours offer a variety of options that include camping trips, bike rides, camel safaris, hiking expeditions and more. Whether you want to experience some of the country’s most popular destinations or explore offbeat corners of the country, our tours provide a unique way to see Oman at its best.
Benefits of traveling to Oman
Oman is a country that has both ancient and modern marvels to offer tourists. The country is rich in archaeological sites, with some dating back to the 4th century BC. There are also stunning mountains and seaside resorts, as well as lively markets and an interesting culture. Here are some of the benefits of traveling to Oman:
- Oman is a fascinating country with an impressive history. It is home to some of the world’s oldest civilizations, including the Sumerians, Babylonians and Egyptians. This makes Oman a great destination for history buffs and those who want to explore ancient ruins.
- Oman has beautiful landscapes ranging from lush forests to rugged mountain ranges. This makes it a great destination for hikers, climbers and adventure seekers alike.
- Oman’s coastal towns are charmingly picturesque, with plenty of seafood restaurants available for visitors to try out. These towns are popular with tourists because they offer plenty of attractions without being too busy or touristy.
- The people of Oman are friendly and welcoming, making it an ideal place to travel solo or with friends. They enjoy interacting with visitors and will be happy to show you around the city or town where you are staying.
- Oman has a diverse culture that is sure to fascinate tourists of all ages. From traditional dance performances to traditional music and storytelling sessions, there is something for everyone in Oman!
Safety in Oman
When it comes to safety in Oman, travelers should always use common sense. The country is relatively safe for tourists, but there are areas where caution is warranted.
Biking in Oman is a great way to see the country and stay fit. However, mountain biking can be dangerous and requires proper safety precautions. Visitors should hire a local guide or instructor if they plan to bike in Oman’s mountains, and make sure to wear a helmet and appropriate clothing.
Oman has some of the most stunning mountain biking trails in the world, including routes near Musandam Peninsula and the Dhofar Mountains. Riders can find information about biking in Oman on TripAdvisor or other online resources.
If you are looking for an adrenaline-pumping adventure, scuba diving in Oman is definitely an option worth considering. Although the country is relatively safe for tourists, there are areas where caution should still be exercised when swimming or snorkeling. For example, avoid swimming near coral reefs or below sea level; both of these areas can be dangerous due to powerful currents or sudden changes in water temperature. Always consult local travel advisories before departing for Oman to get specific information about dive sites and safety precautions.
Where to stay in Oman
There are many great places to stay in Oman, depending on your budget and preferences. Here are five of the best options for budget-minded travelers:
- The Museums Hotel: This hotel is located just a few minutes from Muscat International Airport, making it an ideal option for travelers who want to quickly get into town. The Museums Hotel has a variety of affordable rooms, as well as a pool and gym.
- Taqa Al-Baya Resort: This resort is located about an hour from Muscat, in the dusty but beautiful Wadi Degla region. It has a range of accommodation options, including tents, cottages and villas, all with lovely views of the valley below.
- Samadhi Beach Resort: This beachfront resort is located just 10 minutes from Muscat International Airport and offers spacious air-conditioned rooms with all the modern amenities you could need. There’s also a swimming pool and sun loungers right on the sand.
- Sohar Palace Hotel: This luxurious hotel is located in Sohar, one of Oman’s most picturesque ports town. It offers elegant air-conditioned rooms with all the modern amenities you could desire, as well as top-notch service and friendly staff.
- The Ritz-Carlton Muscat: If you’re looking for luxury accommodation in Oman, look no further than this Ritz-Carlton. The hotel has a range of luxurious rooms and Suites, as well as a pool, health club and spa.
Eat in Oman
In Oman, there are a variety of restaurants where you can order food to take with you on your travels. One of the best places to eat in Oman is at the rooftop restaurant of the Ritz-Carlton in Muscat. The view of the city and the ocean from up here is unbeatable. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, then head over to Cafe de Paris in Muscat. They offer traditional Omani dishes as well as some international favorites. For those who want something quick and easy, check out Subway or KFC. All three of these restaurants are located close to each other in Muscat.
If you’re looking for something unique, then head over to The Bazaar Coffee Shop. This cafe offers a wide variety of sandwiches, salads, and cakes that are all made fresh every day. If you’re looking for something sweet, then head over to Chocolate Café for some chocolate heaven. This café has everything from chocolates to waffles and even ice cream!
If you’re looking for more traditional fare, then check out Ziz location near the old city gate in Muscat. This restaurant offers Persian cuisine that is sure to fill your stomach! If you’re feeling adventurous, try the spitfire sampler which includes different types of chicken kebabs cooked on a rotating spitfire grill!