A $70 million Lotto Max ticket sold more than a year ago has been “officially declared unclaimed” following a province-wide awareness campaign to find the winner, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation said Thursday ( OLG).
The OLG said in a press release that it did not find the owner of the winning ticket purchased on June 28, 2022 from a lottery retailer in Scarborough.
Earlier this year, as the deadline to claim the prize approached, OLG launched a campaign to find the buyer of the winning ticket numbered 8, 19, 22, 41, 42, 46, 47 Bonus 10.
“Before the expiration deadline, OLG’s customer service center recorded nearly 2,700 calls and emails from people claiming to have lost the ticket,” OLG said in the statement.
“Due to the high volume of lost ticket claims, OLG’s dedicated team of lottery investigators took the time to thoroughly review each and every potential claim.
“Now that this process is complete, we can report that none of those claims were successful. Therefore, the $70 million prize is officially unclaimed,” the OLG said.
Lottery tickets generated by an OLG-authorized lottery terminal, such as LOTTO MAX or LOTTO 6/49, expire one year from the draw date on the ticket. That means all winning tickets must be validated before the expiration date in order to claim the prize.
The $70 million prize money has been returned to the prize pool for future bonus games or national lottery game promotions.