NRL star Nathan Cleary has been hit again with an infringement report for violating social distance rules
NRL star Nathan Cleary could face more fines for being punched with ANOTHER Violation Notice for Breaking Social Distance Rules
- Nathan Cleary was fined by NRL for breaking social distance on Anzac Day
- Since then, TikTok videos have appeared in which he danced with five women on that day
- The videos cast doubt on his version of events revealed in a public apology
- NRL has again issued an infringement report with further sanctions expected to follow
- Here’s how you can help people affected by Covid-19
Penrith playmaker Nathan Cleary could be hit with further sanctions from the NRL following his abuse of social media during the coronavirus crisis.
Cleary was fined $ 10,000 by the NRL on Tuesday after images had emerged of him with a group of women at his home, apparently disregarding social distance measures.
After that sentence was imposed, two videos of Cleary dances with up to five women were then uploaded to the social media platform TikTok.
The NRL released a brief statement on Friday evening confirming that Cleary has received an amended breach notification, likely related to the videos.
The five women who visited Nathan Cleary’s house on Anzac Day in violation of social distance rules were fined $ 1,000
Cleary received “an amended infringement report after additional information had surfaced about an issue at his home alleged to have discredited the game,” the statement said.
The NRL star has five days to respond before a fine is imposed – with further fines and even the suspension of his season as options.
The 22-year-old originally had 60 percent of a $ 10,000 fine and one game ban suspended by the NRL.
The police have chosen not to take action against the representative of the state of origin of NSW.
Cleary’s actions have been widely condemned, while NSW Deputy Prime Minister John Barilaro claimed the first sentence should have been more severe.
The problem with Cleary is that he lied and said it was only a small interaction. But in the end, the TikTok social media platform shows that it was more, ‘said Barilaro.
“In my mind, if you get caught and apologize, you deserve a break. But not if you mislead the public and the NRL.
“I think Cleary should be the end of his season now.”
The 22-year-old apologized late on Tuesday in an interview with local broadcaster Channel Nine, saying the women were his sister’s friends and had come to his house for 10 minutes while waiting for an Uber.
On Wednesday, new videos appeared in which Cleary danced with the women and questioned his account.
The photo that appeared on social media shows Nathan Cleary with five women on Anzac Day in an apparent violation of social distance rules
A police investigation revealed that the Penrith half-back did not leave his home, so he was not fined.
However, the five women who lived with him all were fined $ 1,000.
The Australian state of New South Wales, where Cleary lives, is still under a strict shutdown to control the virus, with people banned from having anyone in their homes, except those who live there permanently.
Cleary was one of four players fined by the NRL on Tuesday and was suspended a one-game delay for violations of social distance.
South Sydney’s Latrell Mitchell, Melbourne Storm’s Josh Addo-Carr and Penrith Panthers’ Nathan Cleary were fined and suspended for one game for one game, along with Newcastle Knights player Tyronne Roberts-Davis.
Mitchell and Addo-Carr, who were also charged by police with firearms offenses during a weekend camping trip in rural New South Wales.
The NRL is organizing a resumed 20-round game, starting on May 28 with a grand final on October 25.
Cleary (right) is expected to face even more punishments after TikTok videos of the day are out