Nine more British tourists are taken to hospital after spilling toxic alcohol on the island Zakynthos

Nine more British tourists have been transferred to the hospital in Greece after drinking toxic cocktails and alcoholics believed to contain cheap methanol (stock photo)

A group of 20-year-olds from the West Midlands have been hospitalized after drinking alcohol, which is believed to be mixed with methanol on a Greek island.

The seven friends of Coventry, and two other tourists who also visit the island, were hit by the dangerous brew that made them violently ill.

One of those attending the sick party said that he had been warned by representatives about some of the bars in Laganas, the most active and notorious complex in Zakynthos.

Nine more British tourists have been transferred to the hospital in Greece after drinking toxic cocktails and alcoholics believed to contain cheap methanol (stock photo)

Nine more British tourists have been transferred to the hospital in Greece after drinking toxic cocktails and alcoholics believed to contain cheap methanol (stock photo)

Business studies student Jack Taylor told the Sun: "We avoided that, but we were seriously ill.

"They took us to the hospital and we all ended up in hospitals in the UK later."

The eighth Briton hit by the dangerous cocktail was teaching assistant Lauren Blair of Birmingham.

The 22-year-old woman was so sick that she broke her throat with vomiting and suffered a faint vision.

After being hospitalized in two Greek hospitals and another in her home in the United Kingdom, Lauren said: "I was so scared. I thought I was going to die. & # 39;

James Rambukpitiya also left the island of the party after having his vacation contaminated by toxic alcohol.

He said: "I felt weak and my limbs trembled."

Lauren Blair, a 22-year-old teaching assistant, was so sick that she broke her throat with vomiting and suffered a faded vision. She said: & # 39; I thought I was going to die. & # 39; (common image)

Lauren Blair, a 22-year-old teaching assistant, was so sick that she broke her throat with vomiting and suffered a faded vision. She said: & # 39; I thought I was going to die. & # 39; (common image)

Lauren Blair, a 22-year-old teaching assistant, was so sick that she broke her throat with vomiting and suffered a faded vision. She said: & # 39; I thought I was going to die. & # 39; (common image)

He had been celebrating the end of A-Levels with friends from Havering Sixth Form College in Hornchurch, Essex, but he returned home with liver damage.

Last week it was reported that a group of young men from Northumberland, all aged between 17 and 18 years, had also been transferred to the hospital on their second night on the island of the part.

The boys said that almost everyone got sick violently, even though they only had three drinks throughout the night.

They had flown to the town party in Laganas to celebrate their departure from Northumberland High School at the end of July.

Cole Brunton, 18, said he had methanol poisoning and told the Sun: "It's inhumane." I know that 100% of us got sick because we were poisoned.

"I can not put into words how angry I feel that someone is prepared to risk lives to make a few pounds.

& # 39; Our vomit was red and black. One of the boys was in bed and began to have an attack, shaking uncontrollably.

(function() {
var _fbq = window._fbq || (window._fbq = []);
if (!_fbq.loaded) {
var fbds = document.createElement(‘script’);
fbds.async = true;
fbds.src = “http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbds.js”;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(fbds, s);
_fbq.loaded = true;
}
_fbq.push([‘addPixelId’, ‘1401367413466420’]);
})();
window._fbq = window._fbq || [];
window._fbq.push([“track”, “PixelInitialized”, {}]);
.