Detectives Madeleine McCann seize ‘a number of items’ from reservoir Algarve
Detectives investigating Madeleine McCann’s disappearance have “seized a number of items” from a reservoir in Portugal, it has emerged.
The Barragem do Arade was searched last week by Portuguese and German police, about 50 kilometers from the resort of Praia da Luz where the three-year-old disappeared while on holiday with her parents in May 2007.
Ewan Somerville has more details on the update given this morning by the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor’s Office.
Phillip Schofield sells £1.2 million London flat where he ‘secretly’ met an ITV colleague
Phillip Schofield is selling the London flat in which he allegedly had an affair with his much younger ITV colleague, it is alleged.
Henry Bodkin reports that the two-bedroom penthouse has been put on the market for £1.2 million. The asking price appears to have been slashed by £100,000, with sources reportedly saying the family is keen to unload the property.
Evening briefing: today’s most important headlines
Geraint Davies | A Labor MP has suspended the party whip over allegations of sexual harassment. Geraint Davies, Member of Parliament for Swansea West since 2010, is accused of subjecting five younger female colleagues to unwanted physical and verbal sexual attention. Davies denies the allegations.
- Inheritance Tax | System ‘genuinely unfair’ because the richest escape it, says leading economist
- Kathleen Stock | Gender-critical feminist says trans activist’s glue stunt was “kind of Blue Peter.”
- North Korea | Kim Jong-un gains weight again by ‘gorging on foreign snacks and alcohol’
- Weather | New heat wave warnings are not the “sitting state,” health officials insist
- Brexit | Leaving the EU was ‘a historic mistake’, claims the former US Treasury Secretary
Comment and analysis
- Ross Clark | The great heat pump hype is almost dead
- Karol Sikora | I fear we are witnessing a cover up of Covid
- Julian Jessop | The silent Brexit success story that Remainers doesn’t want to talk about
- Ryan Crighton | Labour’s latest net zero folly could cost them the next election
- with Coughlin| Putin is plotting a new front in his war against the West
World news: Buildings in Russian city are ablaze as pro-Ukrainian fighters attack
Pro-Ukrainian volunteer fighters set fire to several buildings when they shelled the border town of Shebekino with Soviet-era Grad missile systems, it is alleged. Keep up to date with developments on the ground by reading our live blog about Ukraine.