Newborn baby boy dies after being burned in a hospital in South Africa
Newborn baby boy dies after being burned in a hospital heater for babies while her mother was being operated on in South Africa
- The baby boy was placed in a hospital heater for his hypothermia
- When his mother came out of the operation, she was told that he was badly burned
- The mother and baby were sent to a special clinic, but the child died en route
A newborn baby boy died after being burned in a hospital heater in the hospital in South Africa.
The mother, named Seipai Maleke in the South African media, underwent surgery last Monday after she had not delivered her placenta, but came out of the operating room and heard that her baby was badly injured.
The boy was placed in the warmer because he suffered from hypothermia but suffered severe burns.
The mother and baby were sent to a specialized clinic in Pretoria, but the child died on the way, according to the Soviet newspaper.
A newborn baby boy died after being burned in a hospital heater in South Africa (the Mahikeng Provincial Hospital is shown)
The baby died at the Mahikeng Provincial Hospital in the northwestern province of South Africa, near the border with Botswana.
& # 39; The last time I saw him alive was on Monday. I slept with him that morning, he was fine when I went to the theater, & the mother said.
& # 39; The matron arrived on Tuesday and told me that my baby was burned by the warmer. She said that I should go to the child in (intensive care).
& # 39; They said he was placed in the radiant baby heater and they had no idea what was happening – they said he no longer had oxygen & # 39 ;.
The 28-year-old mother, who also has a six-year-old daughter, buried her baby on Monday, it is reported.
Local health officer Madoda Sambatha visits the hospital because authorities demand answers after the baby's death.
The World Health Organization says that baby warmers can be used to treat hypothermia in low-weight babies.
Hypothermia is a & # 39; big problem & # 39; that many premature or lightweight babies have to deal with, they say.
However, health employers warn that defective radiant heaters can cause burns, permanent brain damage or death.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) south africa