Neil Mitchell says that Australia “sells its national dignity” over and above the exemption from the corona virus
Broadcaster Neil Mitchell accuses the Australian government of “selling its national dignity to China” and “bending” to the global superpower by allowing foreign students to bypass the travel ban
- Australian government beat by Neil Mitchell for “selling his national dignity”
- Radio presenter said that Australia is “kowtowing” to China by allowing a ban exception
- Travelers coming from China can stay in a third country before they reach Australia
- Western Sydney University also finances $ 1500 in costs for its students to do this
- “We have to choose between what is good and what a dollar yields,” Mitchell said
Broadcaster Neil Mitchell has accused the Australian government of “selling its national dignity” by allowing Chinese students to bypass the coronavirus travel ban.
Foreign students who want to fly from mainland China to Australia to study can travel vincluding a third country – and staying outside China for the required two weeks.
Western Sydney University also told its students last week that it would subsidize $ 1500 in travel and accommodation costs for them to travel through a third country.
Travelers are pictured with protective face masks at Brisbane International Airport on January 29. Broadcaster Neil Mitchell said that Australia “sold its national dignity” by allowing Chinese students to bypass the travel ban
Talked about 3AW mornings Mitchell said that Australia “kowtowing to China” by allowing students to bypass the ban.
“We need Chinese companies, but at the moment we are selling our national dignity, we are selling our principles. There is no national pride, “he said.
‘We have to choose between what is good and what a dollar yields, and the dollar is currently winning.
Mitchell also accused the Australian government of celebrating China’s human rights reputation.
“Let’s celebrate their atrocities,” that’s what we do. “Let’s celebrate their violation of human rights,” he added.
He also referred to the news that the old school of Australian swimmer Mack Horton – Caulfield Grammar in Melbourne – had plans to name a new swimming pool complex after him.
Mitchell said the travel ban was not in vain and that Australia had to choose ‘between what is good and what a dollar yields’
NEIL MITCHELL’S CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL BAN RANT
We say we are a proud country. We say that we stand up for ourselves, do not bow to anyone – well, none but China.
Australia is now fully engaged in cultural collapse and kowtowend to China.
It is based on the corona virus and money. We do not want to offend China and run the risk of losing their students, their market, their purchasing power.
We need Chinese companies, but at the moment we are selling our national dignity, we are selling our principles. There is no national pride
We have to choose between what is good and what a dollar yields, and when the dollar wins.
This potentially threatens our health.
We have allowed students to bypass the travel ban and come here regardless
Western Sydney University even gives those students $ 1500 so that they can travel through a third country to bypass the travel ban
Let us celebrate their atrocities, that is what we do. Let us celebrate their violation of human rights
None of this is aimed at the Chinese people. I criticize their government, I criticize our government, I certainly criticize Mack Horton’s decision.
Two of those three criticisms would lock me up in China and never have heard of it again.
“Caulfield Grammar stood with the cheats, all because of a dollar! They have a campus in China and they have Chinese students, so decency came second, “Mitchell said.
Last year, Horton refused to participate with Chinese rival Sun Yang on the podium of the swimming championships in South Korea and previously called him a “drug cheat” at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
A nation leader Pauline Hanson also hurled Chinese students to exploit a legal loophole to sneak back to Australia.
She called for universities to be liable if other students contract the disease, and said officials only “care about foreign students’ money.”
Western Sydney University (photo) told its international students that it would lower the cost of airline tickets and accommodation to reach Australia via a third country
Politician Pauline Hanson (shown on Today’s show on Monday morning) has also beaten Chinese students for abusing a legal loophope to sneak back to Australia
In the two-day period on Friday and Saturday, nearly 1500 Chinese students made use of the exception in government rules to fly to Australia.
The Australian government’s ban on those coming from mainland China was extended to February 29 last week with an estimated 65,000 Chinese students.
However, the ban can be avoided by going through a country that does not have a travel ban for travelers from China – including Thailand, Cambodia, the United Arab Emirates and Japan.
The University of Adelaide now offers a care package with a value of around $ 5,000 to around 3,000 Chinese students.
The package includes a 20 percent discount on tuition fees for the first semester and up to $ 2000 for airline tickets that they can only access once the travel ban has been lifted.
It also provided online study assistance, including lecture videos, peer-to-peer support, and library resources, so that Chinese students who cannot be on campus before the start date of March 26 can follow their courses remotely.
AUSTRALIA WITH THE CORONAVIRUS
NEW SOUTH WALES: 4
- Three men, 43, 53 and 35 years old who had recently traveled to China, have confirmed that they have contracted the disease.
- Two flew in from Wuhan, while the other arrived in Sydney from Shenzhen, South China.
- They are treated in isolation at Westmead Hospital and are in a stable condition.
- A 21-year-old woman is identified as the fourth person who tested positive for the disease in NSW.
- The woman, a student at UNSW, flew on flight MU749 to Sydney International Airport on January 23 and presented to the emergency department 24 hours later after developing flu-like symptoms.
- She is treated in isolation at Westmead Hospital.
- A Chinese citizen aged fifty will be the first confirmed case of the corona virus in Australia.
- The man flew from Wuhan via Guangzhou to Melbourne on January 19 on the Southern Southern flight CZ321.
- He is now in quarantine at the Monash Hospital in Clayton in the east of Melbourne.
- A Victorian man in his sixties is diagnosed with the corona virus.
- He became unwell on January 23 – two days after his return from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak.
- The man was confirmed as positive on January 29 and was subsequently seen by doctors at the Monash Medical Center. He was rated good enough to stay at home.
- A woman in her forties has a corona virus.
- She was visiting from China and mainly spent time with her family.
- She is being treated at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- A woman in her twenties in Melbourne appears to have the virus
- Two passengers left positively from the Diamond Princess cruise ship test
QUEEN COUNTRY: 5
- Queensland confirms its first case after a 44-year-old Chinese subject was diagnosed with the virus.
- He is being treated at the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- A 42-year-old Chinese woman who traveled in the same Wuhan travel group as the 44-year-old man tested positive. She is in stable condition at the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- The corona virus has been diagnosed in an eight-year-old boy. He also comes from the travel group where the other Queensland cases came from
- The case was found in a 37-year-old man who was a member of a group of nine Chinese tourists in quarantine on the Gold Coast
- A 37-year-old woman was diagnosed with the corona virus of the same travel group that flew from Melbourne to Queensland on January 27
SOUTH AUSTRALIA: 2
- A Chinese couple in their 60s who arrived in Adelaide from Wuhan to visit relatives have been confirmed to have a corona virus.
- It has been confirmed that two Australians have the virus in Wuhan itself. Australia has increased the travel alarm level to ‘not traveling’ for the city of Wuhan – the epicenter of the outbreak – and for the entire Hubei province.
- Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy says that unless people are in contact with someone who doesn’t feel well and comes from that part of China, there is no cause for concern.
- From 15 February, 47 Australians are among 219 confirmed cases of the corona virus contracted aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama.
- Two more Australians on board tested positive after being evacuated to Darwin on February 22
QUEEN COUNTRY: 4
- Four Australians test positive for coronavirus after being evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship
- Two Queensland women, 54 and 55 years old, tested positive for COVID-19 and are flown to Brisbane for further treatment.
- Previously, a 78-year-old man from Western Australia was transferred to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth. His wife travels with him but is then isolated for two weeks at home.