Nearly 80 COVID-19 tests have been LOST after thousands of swollen test centers in inner-west Sydney
Nearly 80 COVID-19 tests are LOST after thousands of local swarm test centers in inner-west Sydney after the Woolworths cluster group
- Health Minister Brad Hazzard has revealed that 77 COVID-19 tests have been lost
- Thousands were taken after a Balmain Woolworths employee tested positive
- Mr. Hazzard said that the pathology of NSW had misplaced the tests in a hurry to get a lot done
- The 77 victims were asked to return to the facilities to be retested
Health officials are calling on nearly 80 people to be retested for COVID-19 after their cotton swabs were lost because the pathology centers were flooded with tests.
Thousands of locals in northwestern Sydney flocked to testing facilities last week after a Balmain Woolworths employee tested positive for coronavirus.
Health Minister Brad Hazzard revealed on Friday that 77 of those tests had been “misplaced in the system.”
“On behalf of the pathology of New South Wales, they deeply regret that the 77 were out of place in the rush to get so many tests done so quickly,” Mr. Hazzard told reporters.
Health Minister Brad Hazzard announced that 77 COVID-19 tests are ‘misplaced’ after NSW pathology was flooded with tests last week
“But they also ask that you come back and be retested, and of course I would ask that too.
‘A lot happens every day, many people are under enormous pressure.
“I’m not pointing a finger at anyone, I’m just asking that New South Wales pathology give me a report at some point.”
Mr. Hazzard said the incident coincided with the NSW reaching the milestone of running more than a million tests to date.
Residents of Balmain were urged to be alert to COVID-19 symptoms on July 2 after the Woolworths employee had been contagious for two days at work.
The man had spent two weeks in hotel quarantine in Melbourne after arriving from Bangladesh.
An employee of Balmain Woolworths tested positive for coronavirus earlier this month. A cleaning company sees the store cleaning on July 2 after the incident
There are long lines in Rozelle’s drive-through clinic two days after the locals were urged to be tested if they developed symptoms
He developed symptoms on June 14 and tested positive for the virus on day seven of quarantine, on June 18.
Eight days later, he was released by Victorian officials and the same day he boarded a flight to Sydney.
He then worked at the Woolworths store on Darling St 276 on June 27 and June 28.
After showing COVID-19 symptoms again, he was tested and rated positive.
NSW Health contacted the people who sat next to the man in the direct row during the Jetstar flight, and 50 supermarket employees were immediately placed in self-isolation.
The bungles come as fears over Victoria’s horrifying second wave of COVID-19 cross the line after three people returning from Melbourne this week were positive about the virus in NSW.
A health professional prepares a patient for the COVID-19 test at the drive-through clinic in Rozelle, near Balmain, on July 4
The border between NSW and Victoria was closed on Tuesday for the first time since the Spanish flu outbreak in 1918 at 11:59 pm, to prevent the contamination from entering NSW.
Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian on Thursday ordered everyone who is currently in NSW and who has visited Melbourne since June 24 to immediately remain isolated for 14 days.
On Friday, Victoria recorded 288 new cases reaching the highest daily count an Australian state has seen since the pandemic began.
Meanwhile, a Sydney pub was forced to close after two regular customers – unknown to each other – delivered positive results.
A 30-year-old woman and a man in his fifties were found to have contracted COVID-19 after visiting the Crossroads Hotel in Casula, southwest of the city, on Saturday.
NSW Health is currently conducting contact tracking and a pop-up test clinic has been set up on site.