Mystery surrounds production of The Bachelor as Channel 10 makes conflicting statements about filming – and it could lead to a VERY different season
The bachelor resumed filming at Oxford Falls in Sydney last week, more than three months after production was suspended on site due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
But old viewers of the dating show are concerned that Channel 10’s proposed premiere date for next month may be a bit too ambitious.
Fans with eagle eyes The Bachelor and Bachelorette Spoiler Forum have pointed out that a network manager has made contradictory statements about the progress of filming.
What is happening? Mystery surrounds the production of The Bachelor as Channel 10 makes conflicting statements about filming – and it could lead to a whole different season. Pictured: Bachelor Locklan ‘Locky’ Gilbert, 2020
As noted by forum user “ Bobette, ” Channel 10’s entertainment manager Stephen Tate seemingly contradicted himself this week when he talked about how far into production The Bachelor’s eighth season was when filming was suspended in March.
Mr. Tate said The Australian on Monday: ‘We were three quarters on the way [the] series when we went into lockdown, and in fact all the cast returned home. ‘
But he had told it The Kyle and Jackie O Show on March 26, shortly after production shutdown, that they were only “one third of the way in.”
He told hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie ‘O’ Henderson: ‘We’ve got a lot of the series in the can, we’re about a third of the way we buy a lot of time and we’re going to embrace all of us here in Australia happens. ‘
Discrepancy: Eagle-eyed fans on The Bachelor and Bachelorette Spoiler Forum have pointed out that a network manager has made conflicting statements about filming progress. In the photo: host Osher Günsberg
It is unclear whether The Bachelor was in production for a third or three quarters at the time of the closing. It is possible that Mr. Tate was wrong when he said in March that they were only “a third of the way”.
The cast and crew, including admirer Locklan ‘Locky’ Gilbert and host Osher Günsberg, were on set for about three weeks when production was halted.
If they had only filmed a third of the total season in late March, producers may struggle to finish the show for the premiere next month.
Daily Mail Australia has contacted Channel 10 for comment.
How far is it? It is unclear whether The Bachelor was in production for a third or three quarters at the end of March. In the photo: Locky Gilbert
Failure to pack the filming in The Bachelor in the coming weeks could lead to the unprecedented scenario in which Locky is still traveling to find love as the season begins to air.
If that happened, he would do media interviews about the show and watch the episodes air before he makes his final decision.
It’s possible that watching the women interacting while on the show while he’s not there might even influence his decision.
As longtime franchise fans will remember, 2012 American bachelor Ben Flajnik said he was knocked out watching his winner Courtney Robertson during the show and how she treated the other women.
He said if he had known how she behaved in the mansion behind his back, he wouldn’t have picked her in the final.
Overlap? Failure to film in the coming weeks could lead to the unprecedented scenario in which Locky is still traveling to find love as the season begins to air