MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell pulls ads from Fox News after network REFUSED to advertise related to 2020 voter fraud claims
- Lindell, 60, said he’s asked Fox News to run a commercial promoting his cyber symposium, which he plans to stream live next month.
- Trump’s staunch ally said the commercial wouldn’t specifically mention claims of voter fraud
- However, he said the symposium will “prove that the 2020 election was stolen” from then-President Donald Trump
- Fox News confirmed to DailyMail.com that the network had refused to run the commercial
- Ads for MyPillow showed on Fox News late Thursday night
- It was not immediately clear when the ads would stop
- MyPillow is one of Fox News’ largest advertisers, spending $50 million on the outlet last year and $19 million so far this year
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has pulled his company’s ads from Fox News after it refused to post a commercial linked to voter fraud claims in the 2020 election.
Lindell, 60, told the Wall Street Journal that he has asked Fox News to create a commercial for the cyber symposium he plans to stream live next month.
Trump’s staunch ally told the outlet that the commercial would not specifically mention any claims of voter fraud. However, he said the symposium will “prove that the 2020 election was stolen” from then-President Donald Trump.
Fox News confirmed to DailyMail.com that the network had refused to run the commercial.
“It is unfortunate that Mr. Lindell has chosen to interrupt his commercial time on FOX News, given the success he has experienced building his brand by advertising on the major cable news network,” a Fox News spokesperson told the DailyMail .com.
Ads for MyPillow were still showing on Fox News late Thursday night. It was not immediately clear when the ads would stop.
MyPillow is one of Fox News’ largest advertisers — and spent nearly $50 million on Fox News in 2020, the Wall Street Journal reported. Lindell told the outlet that the company has dropped $19 million so far this year to air commercials on the network.
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has pulled the company’s ads from Fox News after refusing to run a commercial linked to voter fraud claims in 2020
Lindell said the commercial Fox refused to run promoted an upcoming symposium that he said will “prove the 2020 election was stolen” from then-President Donald Trump.
DailyMail.com has contacted MyPillow for more information and additional comments.
Even after countless recounts and election audits requested by Republicans, President Joe Biden clearly won the 2020 presidential election.
A series of lawsuits filed by Trump and those close to him after the November election have also been thrown out of court with claims of no merit.
Election officials across the country, as well as security experts, have repeatedly noted that there is no evidence of widespread electoral fraud.
Still, Lindell has continued to spread conspiracy theories claiming that Dominion Voting Systems, which makes voting machines, flipped the results of the 2020 presidential election from Trump to Biden.
Dominion has filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Lindell and MyPillow.
Lindell then sued Dominion for $1.6 billion, doubling down on his claims of voter fraud.
The CEO of MyPillow said on his website that the ‘non-stop’ 72-hour cyber symposium will be held live on frankspeech.com on August 10.
“Most people know Mike Lindell messed up some feathers. After all, actively questioning the 2020 election results is a serious point of contention.”
“Now with a billion-dollar lawsuit with Dominion and millions lost to big corporations pulling at his pillows, Mike Lindell has been preparing for battle.”
The site continued: “Between the release of hot-button documentaries exposing the problems with the results and the gathering of information, Mike Lindell is ready to begin his showdown.”
Because they oppose the results, the Democratic Party and other dissenters have mocked this attempt. Above all, say that this data does not exist. However, Mike Lindell is willing to put his money into this upcoming Cyber Symposium!’
Dominion has filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Lindell and MyPillow
The website added that the symposium is a “private event” and that Lindell “will reveal cyber data and package recordings beginning in the November 2020 elections.”
He also said he would hand out a $5 million reward to anyone who can “find evidence that this cyber data is not valid data.”
Dominion, as well as Smartmatic USA, have filed lawsuits against Fox News, alleging that the network’s hosts and guests made defamatory comments about their voting machines.
Fox News has claimed that the statements of its hosts and guests are protected by the First Amendment and has decided to dismiss the lawsuits.
Lindell is pictured during one of his many appearances on Fox News