Advertisements
A funeral in East Germany ended with 13 people needing medical treatment after a restaurant employee accidentally mourned her daughter's cake made from hashish

Hashish in the ashes: mourning victims were accidentally served cannabis cake after confusion at the German bakery – causing 13 people in need of medical treatment

  • After the funeral in Wiethagen, mourners went to a restaurant for cake and coffee
  • Employee in charge of dessert asked her 18-year-old daughter to bake it
  • The mother took the wrong cake and 13 people were admitted to the hospital
Advertisements

A funeral in East Germany ended at an involuntary drug level when mourners accidentally received hash cake, police said.

The Rostock police said that after the funeral in Wiethagen, the funeral party went to a restaurant for coffee and cake, as is common in Germany.

But after eating the cake, 13 people experienced nausea and dizziness and needed medical treatment.

A funeral in East Germany ended with 13 people needing medical treatment after a restaurant employee accidentally mourned her daughter's cake made from hashish

Advertisements

A funeral in East Germany ended with 13 people needing medical treatment after a restaurant employee accidentally mourned her daughter's cake made from hashish

Undated file photo of a funeral that is taking place. Police said it is common for mourners to go to a restaurant after funerals in Germany

Undated file photo of a funeral that is taking place. Police said it is common for mourners to go to a restaurant after funerals in Germany

Undated file photo of a funeral that is taking place. Police said it is common for mourners to go to a restaurant after funerals in Germany

A police investigation revealed that the restaurant employee responsible for the cakes had asked her 18-year-old daughter to bake them, but the mother accidentally took the wrong cake from the freezer to the funeral.

She took a hash cake that the teenager had made for another occasion.

Police said the 18-year-old is under investigation.

The incident happened in August but was not previously published out of respect for the grieving.

Advertisements

This is not the first time an unsuspecting group of people has received cannabis by accident this year.

In August, a prankster triggered a bio-hazard warning at a metal detection convention after the treasure hunters had received chocolate cake full of cannabis.

This is not the first time this year that an unsuspecting event has been caused by cannabis dosing. A group of metal detector enthusiasts were drugged in August when a 50-year-old man handed out his birthday cake, not knowing it was peppered with cannabis

This is not the first time this year that an unsuspecting event has been caused by cannabis dosing. A group of metal detector enthusiasts were drugged in August when a 50-year-old man handed out his birthday cake, not knowing it was peppered with cannabis

This is not the first time this year that an unsuspecting event has been caused by cannabis dosing. A group of metal detector enthusiasts were drugged in August when a 50-year-old man handed out his birthday cake, not knowing it was peppered with cannabis

Eighteen people burst into the song, started dancing or collapsed on the tent floor after a man handed out slices of his 50th birthday treat, not knowing it was peppered with drugs.

Advertisements

Police said at least 15 metal detection enthusiasts fell ill during the event in the village of High Melton, near Doncaster, South Yorkshire, and 13 of them had to be taken to the hospital.

NHS bosses have deployed a Hazardous Area Response team that is trained to respond to serious threats to public health, including terrorism.

Advertisements

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail