Mother shocked when a baby is left bleeding after being punctured by a compass in a trolley at a Big W
“It’s an evil deed”: mother shocked when her six-month-old son stays behind bleeding after being punctured by a compass stuck in the baby seat of a Big W trolley
- Mikayla Harris found a compass clamped in a trolley in a Big W store in Perth
- The mother of one placed her son Kai on Thursday in the baby seat of the trolley
- The six-month-old got restless and Mrs. Harris saw her son’s bloodied leg
A mother was horribly left behind after her six-month-old son was left with a bloody leg after being stung by a compass in a Big W trolley.
Mikayla Harris was shopping at Livingston Marketplace, in Perth, when she placed Kai in the baby chair on Thursday.
The mama said she always checks the seats before she puts her son down, but must have missed the device clamped in the trolley, Perth now reported.
Mikayla Harris was left in horror after her six-month-old son was left with a bloody leg after being stung by a compass in a Big W trolley
Mrs. Harris was shopping at Livingston Marketplace, in Perth, when she placed Kai in the baby chair on Thursday
Mrs. Harris said she realized something was wrong when Kai became restless and restless as they walked through the store.
“When I first saw it, I went crazy and felt a little guilty, as if I should have seen it,” she said.
Kai’s leg was bleeding and the mother involved brought him to the doctors for further examination.
“He has had a blood test and must have it again in three and twelve months, we don’t know if the needle … or anyone else stuck it with him, blood contamination,” she said.
“I just don’t understand how anyone could put it on a baby’s chair knowing that a baby is going to sit there, it’s just an act of evil.”
Mrs. Harris wrote about the ordeal on Facebook to warn other mothers.
“Hey mothers, just a warning that I was at Big W Livingston,” she wrote.
“While we were at the cash register, I remove bumps from his seat and see a small compass needle hidden under the seat with only the needle exposed.
“Make sure you check extra, because it was hardly visible.”
A Big W spokesperson told Perth. Now the trolleys are regularly checked by the staff and the safety of families shopping in the store is a top priority.
Mrs. Harris wrote about the ordeal on Facebook to warn other mothers