I woke up with a phone call that none of the parents should receive & # 39 ;: the mother of a young man who died of an overdose at a music festival reveals her heartbreak at the time that our life before always changed & # 39;
- Julie Tam remembered the moment when her son Josh Tam, 22, died of a drug overdose
- Mr. Tam was rushed to the hospital last year at the Lost Paradise Music Festival
- Emergency services called his mother about four hours later after his death
- The substance that Mr. Tam had recorded was unknown, but also suspected ecstasy
Paula Ahillon for daily post Australia
The mother of a young man who died of a drug overdose at a music festival in Central Coast, New South Wales, has revealed her heartbreak.
Julie Tam remembered the ghostly moment when she found out that her son Josh Tam, 22, died at the Lost Paradise Music Festival in Gosford on December 29 at about 8:00 PM.
The mother of the 22-year-old was warned about the tragic incident almost four hours later by a phone call that changed her life forever.
I woke up with a phone call that no parent should receive. Who? Our son? Of course not? Our lives have changed forever, "she told The Courier Mail.
Mother Julie Tam (right) remembered the moment she received a phone call in which she heard of the death of her son Josh Tam (left)
Mr. Tam was rushed to Gosford Hospital after swallowing an unknown substance at the Lost Paradise Music Festival
He was rushed to Gosford Hospital after taking an unknown substance.
Researchers suspect that Josh has taken a mix of ecstasy and alcohol.
Tam had kissed their son goodbye, not knowing that it would be for the last time because she and her husband left for an annual holiday on Boxing Day.
She had advised her son to ride safely on the nearly ten-hour shuttle to the festival from his home in Toowong, Brisbane, with about 20 friends.
& # 39; That was all that I worried about. I mean, we had an endless conversation about drugs and alcohol, we did not need much else, "she said.
Mrs Tam helped to set up a new clothing label called & Just Mossin & # 39; to raise funds for better drug prevention for young Australians.
The website, which sells snapback caps with the slogan & Just Mossin & # 39; for $ 30 each, the aim is for & # 39; Joshua & # 39; s legacy & # 39; to help improve security measures at festivals.
The 22-year-old (left marked) attended the popular music festival with about 20 friends
A funeral will be held for the young rugby player at the Marist College Gymnasium in Brisbane on January 18th
More than 40 agents stationed at the festival supervised all attendees and checked cars for the entrance, but illegal substances still came in.
The police said that festival visitors became more creative when it came to locksing drugs into a festival.
& # 39; People do not carry it in their pockets. They are not so careless, "said Acting Chief Inspector Rod Peet.
& # 39; We have found drugs in spray cans and other items. In one case, the drugs were in a stuffed barbeque chicken. & # 39;
Two others, a man and a woman, were taken to the hospital in a stable condition after swallowing an unknown substance at the festival.
A funeral for the rugby player will be held at the Marist College Gymnasium in Ashgrove, in the north of Brisbane, starting at 10 a.m. on January 18th.