Mother gives a hair-raising warning after a long dresser has fallen on her two-year-old daughter – the child caught there
- Startled mother rushed in to find her toddler trapped under a dresser
- The long wooden cupboard had fallen on the child and had held her
- The mother has since warned other parents to mount their dressers on walls
A mother issued a hair-raising warning after finding her two-year-old daughter who was trapped under a large wooden dresser after falling on her.
The mother, from New Zealand, said her heart stopped when she had the daughter & # 39; feet and waist & # 39; protruded from under the drawers.
& # 39; I heard a faint cry, and when I opened the door, I saw something that will be etched forever in my memory, & # 39; she said Newshub.
The mother, from New Zealand, said her heart stopped when she's & # 39; feet and waist & # 39; saw her daughter sticking out under the drawers (photo)
The mother, who had been in another room with her other child at the time, said that the first thing she did was to check the color of her daughter's feet to see if she was alive.
She managed to pull the dresser up a little and successfully pull the toddler out.
The child could crawl out unharmed but cried and shivered with the shock of it all.
An ambulance was called in case the child had sustained internal injuries – but later received full permission from paramedics.
The mother said that she had been planning to attach the sideboard to the wall for a while, but it had been delayed because she did not have the right tools.
However, since the accident, her neighbor helped her fix the cupboard to the wall, but it didn't stop her thinking about what could have happened.
& # 39; It is my worst nightmare to make a mistake that can cost my children their lives. I felt that regret at those first moments. My heart sagged, thinking that my own complacency could have killed her. & # 39;
& # 39; I couldn't sleep that night thinking I could have organized a funeral. & # 39;
She warned other parents to follow this example by getting a friend or family member to help them secure accident-prone furniture in a home where children live.
The mother warned other parents to follow this example by helping a friend or family member to secure furniture that is prone to accidents in a home occupied by children (stock image)
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) new zealand