A mother of three & # 39; cried for three days & # 39; after a home bleaching disaster had her hair & # 39; melted into her scalp & # 39; and fell into her hands.
Eden Gilliam, 26, decided two weeks ago to dye her hair blond after years of being brunette.
When visiting a hair care store in Tennessee, she claims that she was advised to use bleach and a & # 39; relaxant & # 39; to buy.
When she got home, Eden bleached her hair before applying treatment – but claims that the combination had once allowed her beautiful locks to melt to her head & # 39 ;.
Eden Gilliam, 26, pictured earlier, decided two weeks ago to dye her hair blond after years of being brunette
When she came home from the hair store, Eden bleached her hair before applying the hair-slackening treatment – claiming the combination had once allowed her beautiful locks to melt to her head & # 39;
Jumping in the shower, the mother staying at home flushed out the treatment, but as she ran her hands through her hair, it fell out in groups around her feet.
Eden claims that her once delicious locks changed from & # 39; very long & # 39; and healthy, to an irreparable mess within minutes, falling apart in her hands.
She now urges other women to visit salons to get their hair dyed and hopes that bleaching at home is not worth the risk.
Eden, from Monteagle in Tennessee, said: “It looked like my hair had melted to my head. It came out in groups.
Eden claims that her once beautiful locks changed from & # 39; very long & # 39; and healthy to an irreparable mess
Eden now urges other women to visit salons to get their hair dyed and hopes that bleaching at home is not worth the risk
& # 39; I immediately panicked and jumped in the shower. Handful came out.
& # 39; I ran my hands through my hair and the only thing I can compare to it is in movies when chemo patients are in the shower and their hair keeps coming out.
& # 39; The more I wiped my hand through it, the more it touched the shower floor.
& # 39; It's the hardest. I went through a phase in which I cried for three days. It is so depressing.
& # 39; My hair couldn't take it anymore. The bleach had already damaged it so badly, and when I applied it, it got worse. & # 39;
Eden told how handfuls of hair came out of the shower and compared it with & # 39; chemo patients in the movies & # 39;
Eden, who is naturally blonde, decided to give herself a makeover after years of caring for her children.
She claims that she was advised by a hair care store consultant to use the relaxer, but later learned that the treatment is usually used with & # 39; more resistant & # 39; African American hair.
Eden said: & # 39; (After it went wrong) I called my friend Kristen and asked, "What can I do?"
& # 39; She said, "Eden, there's nothing you can do. It's gone. The best thing you can do is cut and hope it recovers."
& # 39; I am naturally naturally blond and a few years ago I dyed my hair brown. After having had a few children, I decided to go back to blond hair.
Eden, who is naturally blonde, decided to give herself a makeover after years of caring for her children. Pictured for the dye incident with her partner Ian Woodlee, 27, and their sons Slayter, six, and Knoxton, three
& # 39; I went to a hair care store and they had given me bleach and treatment for it. That was the first time I dyed it in years.
& # 39; I also had really long hair. It was beyond my ribs and I had grown it for years.
& # 39; I have treated my hair so well. I would oil it and take care of it every day. I never put hot irons on it.
& # 39; Kristen helped me wash out all the stuff, but my hair was so melted that it was almost to my scalp. It just curled up and crawled on my scalp.
& # 39; She has bought me some oil and told me to do nothing but condition it. If I couldn't wash it, don't wash it at all.
Eden, pictured with Ian, claims that hair was advised to use the relaxer by a hair care store consultant, but later learned the treatment is usually used at & # 39; more resistant & # 39; African American hair
The mother of three, pictured with partner Ian wearing a wig, says that she continues to leave coconut oil on her hair in the hope of reviving it
& # 39; I should not have mixed (the bleach and relaxant). She called the lady from the haircare store, who denied ever selling it to me. & # 39;
Eden is now flooded with aid offers, and her old school has even offered to donate money for a wig.
Her & # 39; coarse & # 39; her is hardly going through her ears now and her three children, between one and five years old, miss playing with them before bedtime.
Eden said: & # 39; It's really short now. It probably comes to my ears a bit.
& # 39; I still can't do anything with it because it's so loaded and coarse. I keep coconut oil on it, hoping to bring it back.
Eden, pictured with the one-year-old Scottlyn, is now flooded with offers of help, with her old school even offering to donate money for a wig
& # 39; My children can't get used to it. They loved my long hair and always want to go through it with their hands, but they can't do that now.
& # 39; I don't even want it to be touched, it's terribly frizzy and hard to handle.
& # 39; It stays so greasy on my head all the time that you really can't style it – especially because it's so short.
& # 39; People have been very nice. I was sent in wigs. The school I went to years ago saw my position and wanted to send money so I could get a wig.
& # 39; I'm going to try some wigs, but it's just a matter of keeping it short. I would encourage people not to bleach their hair at home. Wait until you can get help.
In the photo with one of the wigs she had bought after the bleaching incident, Eden says she now has trouble styling her own hair
After seeing her post on Facebook, Eden & # 39; s old school offered to send her money so she could afford a wig (pictured with a wig funded by friendly strangers)
& # 39; At least take a step back and know what you are starting – or go to a salon. In the end it will be worth it. & # 39;
The friend and barber of Eden, Kristen Rankin, 25, claims that the two treatments were a toxic mix that should not be used on Caucasian hair.
Kristen, also from Tennessee, said: & I feel terrible for her. (It was) mixing chemicals. The relaxer after bleaching is what it melted, but the bleaching agent over box color had already damaged it.
Eden, pictured with her son Slayter trying new wigs, says that her natural hair is now terribly fluffy and hard to handle
& # 39; The color of the box is rough on your hair when you try to remove it, because it contains metal salts that do not mix well with bleach.
& # 39; Relaxers are primarily for African-American hair that is much more resistant than Caucasian hair. It was just too much for her hair to process.
& # 39; Anyone with training would have known not to sell someone with bleached hair a relaxer. & # 39;
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) femail