Mother, 51, undressed naked and almost paralyzed in TUI Sharm El Sheikh water park golf machine
A mother of two says that & # 39; life has changed forever & # 39; after she had held fractured vertebrae on a golf machine in a TUI water park.
Tracy Turner was naked and almost paralyzed on the machine in the water park of the 4-star Coral Sea Aqua Club in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
Camera shots were caught when the water pressure was so strong that it made her bikini top and bottoms shine while a lifeguard stood laughing.
The 51-year-old from Pontefract in West Yorkshire claims that doctors later told her they & # 39; millimeters & # 39; would be to become permanently disabled.
Ms. Turner now tolerates regular painful injections in her spine and takes a cocktail of painkillers about four years after the June 2015 incident, and has taken legal action against TUI after the company & # 39; refused to apologize & # 39; .
She now warns others to be aware of the dangers at water parks.
Tracy Turner is forced to get regular injections in her backbone after the accident at TUI's 4-star Coral Sea Aqua Club Hotel
She said: & # 39; I was lucky not to be in a wheelchair, but the next person might not. My life has changed forever and has been ruined from a simple water ride.
& # 39; I never knew they were that dangerous. I was a real person in the outdoors and had a great social life – now I can't do as much as before. I also stacked on the weight because I can't go to the gym and am depressed.
& # 39; The worst thing is that the TUI tour operator doesn't care. They like to take your money, but if something happens, they won't be bothered. They wash their hands off you. They never bothered to see me after I was injured.
People who go on holiday with (TUI) must know what the risks are of using water attractions and getting injured.
& # 39; The pain is constant and I have been told that there is no end in sight. I am not the same outgoing person as before that vacation. & # 39;
The accident happened when Mrs. Turner bravely released the & # 39; Flowrider & # 39; bodyboard braved and just spent a few hours in her two-week vacation with one of her twin sons, Joshua, 23, her sister and her niece.
She added: & # 39; There were no safety instructions. I was just told to kneel on the body. I followed all his instructions but it was the biggest mistake in my life to continue.
& # 39; The water pressure was incredible. It threw me around like a rag doll in a clothes dryer. I had no control.
& # 39; It hit me forward and took my top off and I covered myself for a second. Then I didn't know what was happening. My bottoms came down and I really didn't stand a chance – I was at the mercy of the water all the time. & # 39;
The accident happened when Mrs. Turner bravely took the & # 39; Flowrider & # 39; bodyboard slept, only a few hours in her two-week vacation
A vacationer came to her and hid her modesty with a towel and she had to be assisted by a lifeguard.
She added: & (The lifeguard) kept on smiling and trying not to help or anything. I had a huge pain in my neck and back that I had never had before. It was so bad that I almost fainted. & # 39;
Her sister had painkillers in the hospital with her that Mrs. Turner could have taken.
She claims that her son reported the incident to the lifeguard, who agreed to include it in an accident book, but Mrs. Turner claims that she did not receive a copy and that she will see another report.
When she got home, doctors noticed she had fractures in her middle thoracic spine – an important part of the spine.
She added: & # 39; I could not believe what I heard. He said that I was very lucky that I was not paralyzed.
& # 39; The pain is like a constant, very bad toothache that never disappears. It really hurts and I don't know if or when it will get better. It is constant pain in my neck and my back between my shoulder blades.
& # 39; My doctor even told me that it is likely that the injury could also cause arthritis in the future and I now have a new nagging pain down my back. & # 39;
Mrs. Turner needs help with performing daily tasks and has moved from size 8 to size 14 because she is no longer able to visit the gym.
Mrs. Turner was on a two-week vacation with one of her twin sons, Joshua, 23, (pictured) her sister and her niece
She claims that the pain and depression was so bad that she didn't even go to her own 50th birthday night, organized by a friend.
Travel lawyer Claire Rabbetts, of lawyers at Simpson Millar, represents Mrs. Turner.
She said: & # 39; This was a very annoying injury that could easily have resulted in Tracy being paralyzed. She has had a hard time since the accident. This incident shows how dangerous certain water attractions can be without attentive lifeguards and health and safety measures.
& # 39; Water parks are fun attractions, if safety procedures are missing, they can become dangerous and cause devastating injuries. & # 39;
A TUI spokesperson said: & # 39; We are aware of this issue, but as the process continues, it would be inappropriate to comment further. & # 39;
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) egypt