Transform your bathroom into a day spa: Mom shares her VERY simple display cloth folding trick just like in five star hotels
- An Australian mom shared a simple hack to elegantly fold your towels
- The trick means you can easily show your towels in the bathroom
- She folds the towel so that a triangular piece remains, then tucks it in
- The result is a securely wrapped cloth that fits easily into any closet
An Australian mom has shared her simple bath towel folding trick like at a five star hotel so you can display them or easily place them in a closet.
The 30-second home hack was created by @mama_mila_au, which has been viewed three million times on her TikTok video since her upload on June 13.
“Bring the spa home. This type of fold is space-saving for storage and also looks luxurious in your bathroom, ”she added.
The 30-second home hack was created by @mama_mila_au, which has seen three million views on her TikTok video since its upload on June 13
The images show that she lays down a plain blue towel on a flat surface, such as the kitchen table or the end of a bed.
Then she folds in the top right corner halfway to make a triangle before reaching to the top left corner and folds from that corner to the other side all the way to the halfway point.
What you are left with resembles a folded paper plane.
Then turn the towel over and start from the left just like any other towel.
Mila starts folding a triangle piece to the center before folding from top to bottom (shown left and right)
It is efficient and prevents the towel from falling apart when you place it on a flat surface
You come to a point where the leftover ‘triangle’ is all that remains, and this is tucked away in the side of the rolled-up towel.
It is efficient and prevents the towel from falling apart when you place it on a flat surface.
Many people were impressed with the end result and hoped they could replicate it at home.
Mila shared a separate video on towel folding, folding them in half before pulling the corners inside out to reveal the ‘tuft’ at the bottom.
What is the five-step method for ‘spa-worthy’ towels?
The reason why vinegar works so well instead of fabric softener is that it “breaks down the residue of detergents and makes the towels soft and fresh”
1. Set the washing machine at 40-60 degrees Celsius.
2. Put the towels in the washing machine, along with liquid detergent and half a cup of plain white vinegar.
3. Do the wash cycle.
4. Shake the towels when they come out and let them air dry for practical drying.
5. Give them a few minutes in the dryer to dry them completely. This aids in softness, fluffiness and absorption.
Source: Mama Mila
Mila shared a separate video on towel folding, folding them in half before pulling the corners inside out to reveal the ‘tuft’ at the bottom
It won’t work for less decorative towels that don’t have a tuft at the base, but it’s an elegant way to upgrade your bathroom style if you do.
“Oh man, this is so dreamy … I have to try this when I get home,” said one woman.
“The next step is to show me how to get such a glamorous bathroom at all,” said another.