“I gave birth to a toddler!” Mother who delivered 14-pound baby via Caesarean section shares photos of her son as a newborn – when he was twice the average baby and had to wear clothes for a nine-month-old
- TikTok user @ shans1588 shared her incredible story last week as she responded to a video asking parents to reveal the weight of their largest baby
- The mother explained that she was 38 weeks pregnant when she gave birth to her second son by Caesarean section with the help of not one but two doctors
- The TikToker said her son weighed “a whopping 14 pounds, 0.6 ounces” and was nearly two feet tall
- The average birth weight is about 7.5 pounds, while the average height is 20 inches
- She added that he was “the size of a toddler,” and after eleven days in the NICU, he came home in clothes sized for “six to nine months” babies.
A mother has revealed that she gave birth to a 14-pound baby that was the size of a toddler and nearly twice the size of the average newborn.
TikTok user @ mariekederksen3 opened up about her incredible birth story last week when she responded to a video asking parents to share the weight of their largest baby to see who had the heaviest child.
‘We want to play the biggest baby? Got you, ”she said at the start of her viral video, which has been viewed more than 29 million times.
Scroll down for video
TikTok user @ shans1588 has shared how her second son weighed 14 pounds, 0.6 ounces when she delivered him via Caesarean section
Not one but two doctors helped deliver the baby boy, who was the size of a toddler
‘At 38 weeks and one day, I had my second son [delivered] via cesarean section by two doctors – because he put in a whopping 14 pounds, 0.6 grams. ‘
The mother noted that her son was also nearly two feet tall.
The average birth weight for babies is according to University of Michigan Healthalthough between 5.5 pounds and 10 pounds is considered normal.
The newborn was also two feet tall, four inches above average
The baby boy spent 11 days in the NICU and noted that hospital staff had to go to pediatrics to get size three diapers big enough for him
The son of the TikToker was also above the normal range in height, which is between 18 and 22 inches, with 20 inches being the average.
Yes, I gave birth to a toddler who then spent eleven days in the NICU, where he was clearly the largest baby. The NICU didn’t even have him diapers or clothes, ”she recalls.
“They had to go upstairs to pediatrics and get size three diapers and he came home dressed [sized] six to nine months. ‘
TikToker’s video quickly went viral, receiving seven million likes and over 100,000 comments in just one week.
Many viewers couldn’t help but joke about the sheer size of her son at birth, with one person writing, ‘He already has a credit score.’
“He came out as a grown man,” agreed another, while another commented, “That baby drove home from the hospital himself.”
People were also amused by how the two doctors held him up to the camera after delivering him.
“They hold him like an award-winning bass,” one TikTok user joked, while another added, “They pose as if they just took him out of a lake.”