Creative Mom Makes PINK Cheese Sandwiches For Her Little Girl – And Reveals The Clever Trick That Turns It Into A Healthy Meal
- An Australian mom has shared how she made pink cream cheese sandwiches
- On Instagram, Alison revealed that she used Pink Pitaya powder from Just Blends
- The powder is filled with vitamins to support a healthier immune system
- Alison made the colorful sandwiches for her daughter’s lunch box
A savvy mom of two known for sharing lunch box ideas with thousands of parents online has revealed how she makes pink cream cheese sandwiches for her daughter.
Alison, who bears the name Mama made Yum on Instagram, colored the cream cheese with Just Blends’ Pink Pitaya powder and posted a photo of the filled lunchbox.
The powder is packed with antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C, iron and calcium to promote a healthier immune system as it is made from 100 percent pure freeze-dried pitaya fruit.
“It doesn’t change the taste, but it looks pretty cool and also adds extra nutrients,” Alison wrote.
Alison, who goes by the name Mum Made Yum on Instagram, colored the cream cheese with Just Blends’ Pink Pitaya powder and posted a photo of the filled lunch box
Alison experimented with the slightly sweet powder after her daughter Zoe asked for a “colorful lunch.”
According to the product description, the $25 powder comes from Thailand and can be used to make smoothies, juice, pancakes, acai bombs, colorful yogurt, and pastries.
Also called dragon fruit, pitaya contains essential fatty acids that nourish the skin, hair and nails.
Other powders in various colors are also available online, including an organic blue spirulina powder.
According to the product description, the $25 powder is sourced from Thailand and can be used to make smoothies, juice, pancakes, acai bombs, colorful yogurt, and pastries
In addition to the crustless sandwiches, Alison filled the lunch box with fresh strawberries, yogurt, sliced carrot and cucumber, olives, crackers, and ham.
Hundreds of parents praised Alison for sharing the idea and agreed the sandwiches looked “so good.”
“Wow that pink cheese is so amazing!” wrote one person, another added: ‘Looks so colorful and delicious! You’re a great mother.’
What is pitaya and why is it good for you?
Pitaya, also known as Dragon Fruit, is a super fruit grown in the tropical regions of Southeast Asia and South America
Why is Just Blends pitaya powder good for you?
- Made from the sweeter red varieties that contain the added benefits of lycopene
- A potent antioxidant said to help prevent cancer, heart disease and lower blood pressure
- Packed with vitamin C, iron and calcium that help promote a healthier immune system and reduce fatigue and
- Rich in antioxidants and contains essential fatty acids
- A good source of beta-carotene, lycopene and vitamin E
- An excellent source of dietary fiber
- Contains natural prebiotic properties
- 100 percent natural and freeze-dried to maintain maximum nutrition
Source: Simply Blends