Nate Diaz warns Britain’s Leon Edwards to “come to KILL and take his career,” as the UFC star tells his critics he must write “shut up” before returning to the Octagon after a 19-month hiatus
- Nate Diaz Makes His UFC Return After 19 Month Layoff Against Leon Edwards
- UFC star Diaz is widely seen as the underdog to the British fighter in form
- Diaz has warned Edwards that he is coming to ‘kill’ and take away his record and career
Nate Diaz has warned Leon Edwards that he is coming to “kill” and ruin his career when he faces the British star on Sunday night during his comeback at UFC 263.
The welterweight star has been out of action for 19 months but is jumping straight back into the deep end by taking on a risky fight against Edwards, who is undefeated in his last nine appearances and is closing in on a title shot.
Diaz admitted he is impressed with Edwards’ record and that was one of the main reasons he wanted to go into the fray.
Nate Diaz has warned Leon Edwards he is coming to ‘kill’ and ‘take his career’ at UFC 263
“I was waiting and trying to get a good map where everything happened again, where there’s a full crowd, and it was time to go and he’s the one who wins and does a good job,” Diaz said. ESPN.
“He’s got an impressive little record and a career going, so let’s take that shit.”
Edwards is widely regarded as one of the best welterweights in the world right now, but Diaz represents by far the greatest name and challenge he has ever faced in his career.
While Diaz’s reputation surpasses Edwards’s, it’s the American seen as the underdog in this fight who could act as a title eliminator for Kamaru Usman’s world belt.
Edwards (left) has not lost a fight since 2015 and is widely seen as the favorite to overthrow Diaz. defeat
When asked if he hated being written off, Diaz had a simple and expletive-ridden message for his critics.
“It’s been like that my entire career. If one of the fighters, to all the fighters out there, says anything about me, if it’s not positive as an asshole, shut up and f*** you,” he added.
‘That’s how I feel about you. This is how my entire career has been and has been. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all, because that’s how I work.
“I don’t have anything nice to say, I’m keeping my predictions and all that shit to myself because all these guys who say I’m losing, they’re no s*** themselves.
“I just want to come and put on a good show and get the job done. I hope everyone leaves with their heads on their shoulders, but I’m sure to kill.’
Nick Diaz could make his return to the UFC this year, according to President Dana White
Diaz’s older brother Nick, meanwhile, is preparing for his highly anticipated return to the UFC after Dana White revealed talks are underway about him fighting for the first time since 2015.
Earlier this week, the UFC president said, “Looks like Nick Diaz will fight this year.
“Last time I saw him in Jacksonville, but it looks like it’s going to happen. We will see.
‘The matchmakers have’ [talked to him] but I don’t know where we are, but it looks promising.’