Tragic update in house fire as woman dies after her bedroom went up in flames
- Woman dies after house fire
- House went up in flames on May 19
A woman has died following a house fire in a Sydney suburb after her bedroom went up in flames.
Emergency services rushed to the home on Montgomery Street in Miranda, south Sydney, around 1am on May 19, where they found a woman suffering burns after a small fire in her bedroom.
Firefighters found the mattress and bedding smoldering and quickly extinguished the fire.
A woman has died following a house fire in a Sydney suburb after her bedroom went up in flames
The 64-year-old woman was treated for burns before being taken to Royal North Shore Hospital in serious condition.
Police were told the woman died on Saturday, after spending more than two weeks in hospital.
The woman’s bedroom suffered minor damage.
Police have established a crime scene and are investigating the circumstances of the incident, but it is not considered suspicious.
A report is being prepared for the coroner.