I’m a CEO and these are the five productivity hacks behind my success – and the ‘eat the frog’ method that’s the secret to starting your day right
- Ryan Serhant shares his five productivity tips
- He said to tackle the hardest tasks first of the day
- The CEO also suggested removing “dumb stuff” from your phone
A successful CEO has revealed his five simple steps to boost your productivity every workday.
Ryan Serhant is a top real estate broker, entrepreneur and one of the stars of the reality TV show Million Dollar Listing New York where he sells properties to some of the richest people in the world.
The 38-year-old knows about hard work and shared the five strategies he uses to make the most of his working days.
To be extra efficient, Ryan’s uses his productivity hacks, which include scheduling his priorities, removing the “dumb stuff” from his phone, and “eating the frog.”
The businessman explained that “eating the frog” means getting the hard stuff out of the way as soon as you start your day, rather than letting it build.
Scroll down for video
Millionaire realtor Ryan Serhant has revealed his top five productivity hacks he uses to make the most of his working days
Ryan said you should plan your priorities instead of prioritizing your schedule and get the toughest task of the day out of the way first
“Take on the hardest task first thing in the morning. If you start work at 8 a.m., do the hardest part of your day at 8 a.m.,” he said in an online video.
“It gives you the momentum to get through the rest of your day.”
Five productivity hacks to get the most out of your day every day
- Eat the frog – Tackle the most difficult task first thing in the morning.
- Don’t prioritize your schedule, plan your priorities – Identify what matters most to you and focus on it.
- Buy back your time – Take advantage of others and minimize time spent on tasks such as commuting, preparing food or emailing.
- Remove the stupid stuff from your phone – Remove unnecessary apps and distractions. They don’t deserve your precious time.
- Your day starts the night before – Check your agenda for tomorrow. Are you well planned for your priorities?
Source: Ryan Serhant
Second on Ryan’s productivity hack list is scheduling rather than prioritizing your schedule.
Decide what is most important to you and focus on that. Cut out the rest. Being mindful of your day will make a huge difference in your productivity,” he explained.
Then he recommends “buying back your time” by delegating tasks and using services that can do some jobs for you.
“You have 1,440 minutes every day. How much time do you spend commuting? How much time do you spend preparing food? How much time do you spend writing emails?’ he asked.
“Invest in services or delegate tasks to buy back time and focus on what really matters.”
The fourth thing Ryan said to do is delete “the stupid stuff” from your phone to minimize distractions.
Remove unnecessary apps and distractions. You don’t need them. They don’t deserve your precious time,” he said.
“You spend too much time on social media apps already, don’t you?”
Finally, the broker told fans that “the day starts the night before” and that people should check before bed to make sure their schedule is in order to start the next day organized.
‘Check your calendar for tomorrow. Are you properly scheduled for your priorities?’ he asked.
“While others wake up late and feel tired, you’ve already started, energized and ready to seize the day!”