BREAKING NEWS: Michelle Bridges pleads guilty of drunk driving after having blown 0.86 in her Range Rover at 11 am with her son, 5, after a messy break with The Commando
- The biggest loser Michelle Bridges pleaded guilty to drunk driving
- Bridges, 49, blew 0.86 while behind the wheel of her Range Rover 4WD
- Her son, Axel, five, was in the car the moment she was stopped for a random test
- Bridges accused ‘very difficult time’ after the breakup with Steve Willis
- She faced Waverley Local Court on Tuesday, where she made the guilty plea
The biggest loser Michelle Bridges arrives at the court on Tuesday for a drink
Former biggest loser star and celebrity trainer Michelle Bridges pleaded guilty to drunk driving.
Bridges, 49, was convicted on Tuesday of the crime in court, despite her legal team claiming she had a “special case.”
The fitness guru blew 0.86 when she was pulled into the car with her five-year-old son in her Range Rover, around 11.25 am on Australia Day as she drove through Rose Bay, on the eastern outskirts of Sydney.
But her legal representative Tony Bellanto, QC, argued that she should not be convicted, referring to the “millions of pounds” she helped shed Australians.
“She has been responsible for the loss of two million kilograms of Australian citizens for more than 10 years,” Bellatoni told the court during the conviction.
“That’s powerful – two million kilos in ten years.”
Magistrate Allison Hawkins said Bridges should be sentenced in accordance with “community expectations.”
She was fined $ 750 and must install an alcohol locking device in her car for at least three months.
Outside the court, a tearing Bridges said: ‘I want to take this opportunity to express my deep remorse, shame and humiliation about this incident and extreme lack of judgment.
‘I want to apologize to my family, friends and community for this gross error of judgment and the consequences of these actions will haunt me forever.
“I ask forgiveness for my larger community and my family, and I thank you for your support.”
Bridges looked stressed when she got out of a car with a team of lawyers and supporters on Tuesday morning and entered her way to the courthouse, dressed in a black suit, heels and a cool pink polka-dot top.
After she was charged on January 26, Bridges issued a statement claiming that she was going through a “very difficult time … with the breakup of my long-term relationship” with Steve “Commando” Willis at the time.
Bridges plead guilty of accusation of driving at medium distance after stopping for a random breath test along the road in eastern Sydney on Australia Day
“I want to express my deep regret for breaking the law, this was a terrible mistake and a mistake,” Bridges said in a statement.
“This behavior is unforgivable and I am absolutely devastated and ashamed to find myself in this position.
“It has been a very difficult time for me to break my long-term relationship in recent weeks.”
Her ex-partner Willis posted a cryptic Instagram message on Instagram earlier this week and said: ‘So many things to be thankful, joyful and happy for at the moment. What are you currently grateful for? “
The fitness guru was supported by various minders when she arrived Tuesday morning at the local court in Waverley
Bridges with her former partner Steve Willis who shared a cryptic message on Instagram on Sunday with the words ‘So many things to be thankful for’
Bridges and Commando, her colleague in the air, went out with their relationship in 2013, after years of working together on The Biggest Loser.
Bridges has written several books on weight loss and fitness and has started the online business of 12 Week Body Transformation.