Michael Clarke ‘pulls out of SAS Australia season three’ after back injury

Michael Clarke ‘withdrawal from SAS Australia season three’ after injuring his back in training – despite signing a contract with a whopping $750,000 requested fee










Retired cricketer Michael Clarke has ‘withdrawn’ from SAS Australia next season due to a back injury.

The 40-year-old has reportedly pulled out of the Channel Seven show shortly after the current season’s premiere, which stars Jett Kenny and Sam Burgess.

According to The Daily TelegraphMichael had initially signed up for the military-style show with an asking price of $750,000 and had already signed a contract.

He’s out: Retired cricketer Michael Clarke has ‘withdrawn’ from SAS Australia next season due to a back injury. The 40-year-old reportedly pulled out of the Channel Seven show shortly after the current season’s premiere

Season three of the hit show is starting filming in the current weeks, but Michael, who has suffered from chronic back pain throughout his sports career, pulled the pin after seeking medical advice and treatment.

Just two days ago, Michael shared a photo of his back machine on Instagram.

“Sadly friends for life,” he captioned the post.

On a doctor's prescription: Season three of the hit show is due to start filming in the current weeks, but Michael, who has suffered from chronic back pain throughout his sports career, pulled the pin after seeking medical advice and treatment

On a doctor’s prescription: Season three of the hit show is due to start filming in the current weeks, but Michael, who has suffered from chronic back pain throughout his sports career, pulled the pin after seeking medical advice and treatment

On Thursday, Nova’s Fitzy and Wippa claimed that Michael would be joining the show alongside former NRL star Willie Mason, 41.

“There have been some leaks for the new series that are really, really good. I can confirm two,” said host Ryan “Fitzy” Fitzgerald.

“One of them is ex-NRL bad boy Willie Mason,” Fitzy added.

“I was told that he is currently training very, very hard before actually doing the show. [The] the second is Michael Clarke. Pup raised his hand. He’s locked up.’

'Friends for life': just two days ago, Michael shared a photo of his back machine on Instagram

‘Friends for life’: just two days ago, Michael shared a photo of his back machine on Instagram

Fitzy’s co-host Michael “Wippa” Wipfli said he didn’t believe the rumor that Michael would be doing the show.

‘I don’t believe that, I’m not buying that. He was supposed to do Celebrity Apprentice as well,” he said.

Daily Mail Australia has reached out to a representative of Michael for comment regarding this story.

SAS Australia continues on Channel Seven on Monday at 7:30 PM.

Rumors: On Thursday, Nova's Fitzy and Wippa claimed that Michael would be joining the show alongside former NRL star Willie Mason, 41. The current season stars players like Sam Burgess, Erin Holland and Jett Kenny

Rumors: On Thursday, Nova’s Fitzy and Wippa claimed that Michael would be joining the show alongside former NRL star Willie Mason, 41. The current season stars players like Sam Burgess, Erin Holland and Jett Kenny

Advertisement

.